Wife wants a 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What would be a good shop to take my wife to that would help her find the right 9mm for her? We are in Norman.
What I'm hoping for is one we can both use effectively. She is left-hand/right-eye dom.
I'd also like one that can readily take a laser/light...

greenbeetle

Marksman
Reaction score
Need more info. Has she shot before? How big are her hands? Does she intend to conceal carry? How big is she? Meaning, 9mm may be too large a caliber for a smaller woman to control.

I agree, she definitely needs to try before she buys.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take her to H&H in OKC. I believe that they have several 9mm's by different manufacturers that you folks can try out.

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She's 5'4". Her last range exp was with a P89. She won't be carrying. I'll probably be the primary user and will be getting my ccw for the first time, but I can't afford 2 pistols, I'm scoping for a compromise pistol, else I'd be looking at .45s.
Glock19C and Ruger SR9 are looking like contenders...

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I'd recommend trying the medium to large polymer 9mm's. They soak up a lot of the recoil, and nearly all of them come standard with a rail.

Specifically, XD, M&P, and Glock 17

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take her to H&H in OKC. I believe that they have several 9mm's by different manufacturers that you folks can try out.

This...

Did this with my wife, really helped her out finding what she liked best. We rented nearly all the 9mm they had there. They ended up giving us a pretty big discount seeing as how she only shot 1 mag out of a few of em and we bought their ammo.

OKCGLOCKER

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with the other recommendations. H&H has a lot of rental guns to choose from. What's good for me (or you) might not work best for her, so its good for her to get what feels right when she presses the trigger.
M&P's and Glocks are my favorites. I also like the Kahr K9, which is small but heavy enough to absorb recoil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom