Will help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just went through this a couple of months ago.......although he didn't recommend a particular one my banker advised against doing one on your own and recommended that I get a lawyer to draw one up.

I went with the long time girlfriend of my vet.......Cheryl Clayton in Noble, tel. 872-9216.......if it matters she's in her mid to late 50's.

She was Noble's city lawyer for several years and has also had a lot of experience with Wills, Power of Attorney's etc.......she was also considerably cheaper than the handful of other attorney's I got quotes from.

I got two Wills and two Power of Attorney's for the wife and I from Cheryl.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A do-it-yourself will kit is better than no will. But, a lawyer-drawn will (should be) better than one you do yourself. Either way, you'll want to study this topic very carefully. I just went through this process with an out-of-state family member that used a well-respected law firm for this. Their lawyer made numerous mistakes and included language that was very problematic. Had this gone forward without our careful review, it almost certainly would have caused a family dispute down the road. This is serious stuff.

ARnut

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If there are any family members you don't want to have anything, leave them a dollar instead of leaving them out of it. That way they can't say you forgot about them.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We got the kit to do our own from Office Depot or Staples before we went on vacation a few years ago. It is done on the computer and just needed a couple witness signatures and good to go. Better than nothing for the time being and piece of mind if something happened.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If there are any family members you don't want to have anything, leave them a dollar instead of leaving them out of it. That way they can't say you forgot about them.

reminds me about a relative that left one son $10, and the other several hundred thousand dollars....

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. Had a friend pass recently and he didn't have a will and it has been a mess for the family. It really got me to thinking about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom