Winchesrter Model 06

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was raised with one of these. It's still in the family, but I took something I wanted more and my brother took the 06 when it was his turn to choose.

Nearly 20 years ago I found an identical one at Southwest Shooters (remember them?) for $126.78. No kidding. It was a consignment gun and the owner wouldn't budge. Of course they were worth much more than that even then and I paid the full amount. Weird.

Got the gun home, did a once-over lightly clean and oil, and took it to a shooting area. Stiff--even with the oil and cleaning, but dead accurate. So I completely disassembled it--don't try that at home unless you have a book and a lot of time.

After I finally got it reassembled, it was still stiff, as in the internals show no wear at all. I doubt it had ever fired more than 100 rounds, though it's brown like most of them you see. It's slowly breaking in, and is a joy to shoot. Makes me feel 12 again for a little while, and that's been a while.

I am just wondering if there are any other 06 fans out there. I see them at gunshows on occasion, and those in the shape mine is in are running around $500. Not about to sell mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom