Winchester model 12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Read his post,he was talking about shotguns in general.

OK, but it's still wrong. Would you say an old LC Smith double is worth only $200? How about a Remington 31 or an Ithaca 37? If you can find a Purdey or a Holland for $200 you're a waaaaaaay better haggler than I am.

We're not talking about old junk like a 20-year-old 870 or a JC Higgins or something. What he said may be technically correct, but it has no bearing on the OP's situation.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OK, but it's still wrong. Would you say an old LC Smith double is worth only $200? How about a Remington 31 or an Ithaca 37? If you can find a Purdey or a Holland for $200 you're a waaaaaaay better haggler than I am.

We're not talking about old junk like a 20-year-old 870 or a JC Higgins or something. What he said may be technically correct, but it has no bearing on the OP's situation.

Don't be ridiculous,you're not comparing a Purdey or Holland & Holland (not just Holland if you want to be "technical") to a model 12 any more than he was.I've seen many model 12's over the years for $200-$300 range,not the nicest ones but servicable.I've seen nice ones for $400 so I agree on that count.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't be ridiculous,you're not comparing a Purdey or Holland & Holland (not just Holland if you want to be "technical") to a model 12 any more than he was.I've seen many model 12's over the years for $200-$300 range,not the nicest ones but servicable.I've seen nice ones for $400 so I agree on that count.

The kind of old shotguns that go for $200 nowadays aren't Model 12s just like Model 12s aren't Purdeys or Hollands. I'd agree that a junker Model 12 would go for $200-$300 but that's not the situation, as was stated in the first post.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The kind of old shotguns that go for $200 nowadays aren't Model 12s just like Model 12s aren't Purdeys or Hollands. I'd agree that a junker Model 12 would go for $200-$300 but that's not the situation, as was stated in the first post.

Fair enough but the poly choke would hurt the value of the op's gun.Plus it's a 16 ga. and that doesn't help.

BTW,I saw a M-12 for $125 at OPS 2 years ago.Rough but would still go bang.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fair enough but the poly choke would hurt the value of the op's gun.

I don't know if the Poly-Choke specifically came on the Model 12, but I know that adjustable chokes of some kind were offered as options from the factory. In general, collectors will pay more for a factory-installed adjustable choke but less for one that was installed later.

BTW,I saw a M-12 for $125 at OPS 2 years ago.Rough but would still go bang.

If this happens again I'm going to need you to PM me right away. I had no idea OPS carried non-tactical stuff. I'm gonna need to start swinging by there more often.

I'm still proud of the $325 semi-beater Heavy Duck model, with a cheek-rest stock made from fairly nice wood, I found at Green Country Pawn a year or two back. I showed a picture to my dad (who's a Model 12 guy fo' shizzle) and he said the stock alone was worth that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom