Wind Shield Replacement- 'Follow Up Report'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used Edmond Auto glass to replace the windshield on my f150 last year they had a mobile unit and did good work. I have used safelite for company truck before with no issues.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've done some reading and there is much to learn about the quality of glass to be used.
Any basic suggestion? So many 'approval' stamps in the lower corner of the glass. Mind boggling.

The brand is not a big deal. If you go aftermarket you’ll get whatever American glass( wholesaler) has and it will most likely be an XYG. Supplies are limited, just be lucky it’s in stock.

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven’t used them for automotive glass (they did some specialized windows for us at work), but Metro Glass in Norman did good work. I want to say they were in the vicinity of Main and University, on the south side of Main.

stanley ferguson

Marksman
Reaction score
Any recommendation for 2007 GMC pick up wind shield replacement? I'm considering the body shop next to Aldi's in Yukon. West side. They advertise for glass replacement.
The main player is Safe Lite of course but if you read their warrant they DO NOT warranty for water leaks. Go figure.
You Tube is full of cars leaking while it's raining or going thru a car wash that used Safe Lite. I don't know how they survive.
Just trying to do my home work to avoid a time consuming boon doggle.
Johnson glass in Mustang mobile service

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
We recently had my wife's Subaru Outback's windshield replaced by City Glass in OKC. She dropped it off in the morning and they gave her a ride to her work and she picked the car up after work. I don't recall what we paid, but I thought it was reasonable. The glass looks like factory and quality. We have had no leaks.

I have read or heard the car should not be moved for a period of time to allow the adhesive to cure or otherwise there can be leaks.

Hope that helps!
Do you have the two cameras like we do? You have to watch out for imperfections in the glass in the way of those cameras or your lane assist and other stuff won't calibrate and work correctly.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have the two cameras like we do? You have to watch out for imperfections in the glass in the way of those cameras or your lane assist and other stuff won't calibrate and work correctly.
Only thing is the mirror. Should be pretty basic. But I know the newer vehicles have cameras and stuff.
When I bought a new Mazda CX5 the dealer as usual tried to push upsells and one was coverage to get genuine Mazda glass if a replacement was needed. Suggesting that insurance companies will only cover
lesser quality glass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom