Windage-Adjustable Rings...???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Now just why the heck would a person need those? To top it off, I unknowingly mounted them on my 17HMR and I think my scope alignment to the barrel is now all twizzler-twirly! :doh:

Sombeach! I could shoot somthin! :fullauto:

Okay, gotta buy normal rings and then re-bore-sight that mofo! Ugh!

I didn't even know windage-rings existed! I sure hope my scope isn't torqued! :faint:

Furious_George

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that sucks. we actually had to use those on my buddy's 1917 winchester. the guy he got it from set it up for a scope but the gunsmith drilled the base holes wrong. when we went to sight it in, the scope windage was dialed all the way to the left and it was still shooting about a foot to the right. they work very well if you need them. good luck with your scope.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ahh, so that's why they exist!

I found this out by checking over my gun and was looking at the scope alignment to the barrel because I was bored.. WTF!? That doesn't look parallel! So I did some researching... Sure enough, I've got windage rings on and I bet they weren't centered! Ahhhh Crap!

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those cool drilling jigs DO drill off center on occasion! I had to get a set of Burris ring with the inserts cause the jig was off. From that day forward I use several indicators and a mill to drill holes, takes a bit longer but the holes are where they are supposed to be :-) Later,

Kirk

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Burris makes windage and elevation adjustable inserts for some of their rings. I think the idea is to be able to basically sight in the scope, or get very close, while having the internal windage and elevation adjustments in the middle of their adjustment range. That is supposed to allow the scope to function better with better light transmission, etc. I think it's probably BS, but it might be nice to use those if you were planning on shooting some long distance stuff, like 600-1000 yards. Then you wouldn't have to get a super expensive scope with huge MOA adjustment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom