Wine/Brandy Duck Recipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fid

Marksman
Reaction score
Referring to a previous post, someone mentioned stocking up on wine and brandy for duck recipes. Could you elaborate? The only way my wife will touch 'em is if I deep fry 'em like chicken fried steak. What other recipes do you all use? Thanks.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love me some grilled duck. You can marinate it in just about anything you want, I like a soy/worcestershirshireshire type marinade. I would not cook them anything over medium though, or they are not near as good. I also have a recipe I cut out of a DU magazine a couple of years ago for duck gumbo that is outstanding. I'm sure there are dozens of gumbo recipes you can find online and suit to your taste.

300WSM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha, i've cooked ducks many different ways. Some ways they are not too bad. Maybe if you drink the brandy and wine first then you can eat the duck. The best i've had was marinated in catalina salad dressing then wrapped in bacon and grilled medium. It was not too bad, but alot of work. A guy i work with has his made into brats at Siegi's. havent tried them, but who knows.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm wanting to try and kill some geese and have them made into summer sausage. A buddy of mine did that and it makes for a fantastic blind snack.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd agree, not properly prepared, they can be downright fowl. But cooked and seasoned properly, I think they are fine fare. I had three limits of mallard that I tried to smoke one time. Huge pan of duck... after one bite I had to feed the rest to the dog. I think she even curled her lip up at it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom