Wood or Plastic??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ever since I put the wood furniture on there, I've started liking it a whole lot more. Maybe I'm out of my all black gun phase??

Well...at 28 years old, you really should still be into all that tacticool ********, like most other 28 year old guys are. Usually, you don't start appreciating blue steel, leather and wood until your late 30's early 40's.

I was big into blue steel revolvers with wooden stocks for a little while, but I realized that blue steel is the equivalent to rust after it touches my hands. :rolleyes2

So now, my newest passion is stainless steel and rubber Hogues. :naughty:

My new carry combo is a Smith & Wesson 4566, wearing Hogue grips on the hip in a Gould & Goodrich Yaqui Slide holster and a Gould & Goodrich double mag pouch.

My BUG is a J frame Smith & Wesson 642-1 no lock in the pocket, wearing Hogue Bantam grips, riding in a Galco "Pocket Protector" holster.

I like the side-saddle on it, but what would really set that Mossy off is one of these... :w000t:

[Broken External Image]

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wood looks better in my opinion. Looks too Terminator wannabe with the pistol grip in my opinion. I'd even pick an adjustable AR style over the pistol grip.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well...at 28 years old, you really should still be into all that tacticool ********, like most other 28 year old guys are. Usually, you don't start appreciating blue steel, leather and wood until your late 30's early 40's.

I'm really not the kind of person with a lot of the "tacticool" crap hanging off my guns for 2 reasons...1) Most of it looks and feels like cheap plastic that'll break if you touch it wrong.. and 2) If it doesn't improve the funtion of the gun then I don't need it. That's why the only thing on there is a sidesaddle.

I like the side-saddle on it, but what would really set that Mossy off is one of these... :w000t:

[Broken External Image]

That would actually look really good on there. I gotta look that up.

89hits

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I like old school guns, steel and wood, but, having used the synthetics in trying situations, they do perform.
Whatever I use or buy, I do take good care of it, thats the bottom line.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Neither--Look at what Hogue offers. Their rubber furniture is very "grippy" and well reinforced internally. Looks nice and will last about forever. Much friendlier than other products when it comes to handling. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom