Wood or Plastic??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm voting on the wood. Never got into the tupperware stocks, although I do have a couple.

Yeah, my Mossberg 590 sports black plastic wares, but it's strictly for my police duties.

My HD scattergun is my Cimarron 1878 SxS 12 gauge coach gun. The next shotgun I buy will be either a Remington 870 or a Winchester 1300. And yes, they will both (whichever one I pick) be wearing wood. :D

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well...at 28 years old, you really should still be into all that tacticool ********, like most other 28 year old guys are. Usually, you don't start appreciating blue steel, leather and wood until your late 30's early 40's.

I was big into blue steel revolvers with wooden stocks for a little while, but I realized that blue steel is the equivalent to rust after it touches my hands. :rolleyes2

So now, my newest passion is stainless steel and rubber Hogues. :naughty:

My new carry combo is a Smith & Wesson 4566, wearing Hogue grips on the hip in a Gould & Goodrich Yaqui Slide holster and a Gould & Goodrich double mag pouch.

My BUG is a J frame Smith & Wesson 642-1 no lock in the pocket, wearing Hogue Bantam grips, riding in a Galco "Pocket Protector" holster.

I like the side-saddle on it, but what would really set that Mossy off is one of these... :w000t:

[Broken External Image]

Here is mine I like plastic it's lite and won't get old and rot lol

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh and termites won't try and eat my gun lol. I still have the orginal stock and it's plastic too. I had a mossberg made from wood and did not like it. It looked cheap. I know there are others out there who agree with me and most people looking at my 88 would love to have it. I would also put up agaist any wood stock as far as performance goes and for that matter time as well. cause when my son gives it to his grandson it will still be plastic where the wood stocks would have turned too dust. lol funny haha funny

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's exactly what I DON'T want my shotgun to look like. Way too much "tacticool" stuff for my taste.

You might wanna flip those extra shells the other way and don't put em in so far that you can't grab em if you need em. Just FYI.

As far as "tacticool" everything on this gun is practical not just for looks if that was the case I would have put a bi pod and a flash lite on it. Like some other guns I see.

And when I take advise on how to load my own gun is the day I don't need a gun oh wait it just "tacticool" right. And for your info that pic was taken right after I installed it I had the shells on before trying to stretch the holders cause they were real tight and forgot to turn them just fyi.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As far as "tacticool" everything on this gun is practical not just for looks if that was the case I would have put a bi pod and a flash lite on it. Like some other guns I see.

And when I take advise on how to load my own gun is the day I don't need a gun oh wait it just "tacticool" right. And for your info that pic was taken right after I installed it I had the shells on before trying to stretch the holders cause they were real tight and forgot to turn them just fyi.

Guess I hit a nerve on that one... oops

Just giving my opinion, that's it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom