Woods Gun to carry while hiking hunting or fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Interesting article. Lucky hikers. Yes, the bear died, but if it had decided to continue the attack there would have been a total of three dead.

Several years ago a salmon fisherman forgot that if a bear asks for your fish, your line is "Certainly. I'll go someplace else and catch some more." So this yutz shoots the bear, one shot, with a 9mm. Bear falls dead. Big brown bear. Anchorage newspaper suggested that no one else ought to try it. Very lucky tenderfoot.

okla1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock 27 using .40 FMJ. Loaded it's 9+1, lightweight, & reliable. You could swap out for a .357 sig barrel if you really wanted too. Also cost effective relatively. Don't forget one of those 22rnd mags if you think you might need it.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting article. Lucky hikers. Yes, the bear died, but if it had decided to continue the attack there would have been a total of three dead.

Several years ago a salmon fisherman forgot that if a bear asks for your fish, your line is "Certainly. I'll go someplace else and catch some more." So this yutz shoots the bear, one shot, with a 9mm. Bear falls dead. Big brown bear. Anchorage newspaper suggested that no one else ought to try it. Very lucky tenderfoot.

:shocked: WOW! I've always said God looks out for stupid people ...

dcmtex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im still wondering where these mean boars are . Ive been hunting them for many years and have yet to be charged by any that weren't in a trap, penned, or had dogs hanging on their ears. A 45acp has always been adequate, and yes the hollow points worked just fine. Got tired of having to move traps after shooting them with the 45 though. Too much blood. Enter the PMR30. Its what I carry now at the ranch.
In territories where I'm not the biggest predator in the woods a mdl 629 4" rides the hip real nice.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
drh2.img.digitalriver.com_DRHM_Storefront_Company_sqenixus_ima95fcc8e9e466d613a13e2264aab604d4.jpg

I win.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Bond Derringer with a .45 Colt and .410 barrel. I figure if a face full of birdshot doesn't stop a meth head a .45 Colt will drop them int heir tracks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom