Worst Deer Hunting Experience I've Ever Had

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appreciate all the words of encouragement guys. It's been a couple of days now, and I'm still struggling with it, but I do plan to get back in the stand. Hopefully I'll have some success pics to post before the season is up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I appreciate all the words of encouragement guys. It's been a couple of days now, and I'm still struggling with it, but I do plan to get back in the stand. Hopefully I'll have some success pics to post before the season is up.

Good deal. Fall off of a horse, the best medicine to get back on on as soon as possible, as the old advise goes. :D

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You think that is bad...Last year I shot a doe during rifle season with my .300 Win Mag. She ran right towards and past me and I could see a grapefruit sized hole in her side in the kill zone. She ran out of sight and I started looking for blood to track her by...Nothing. Could not find a single drop of blood during a three hour search by three hunters. Had a messed up trail in the leaves that ran out after a few yards. We gave up on looking for blood and just started looking for the deer, figured with a hole in her that big she couldn't have went far. Never found her.

It really didn't upset me, I saw that I did everything right and made a good shot. It's like she was a freakin' vampire deer or something. It was not the first deer in the area that could not be recovered due to lack of a blood trail.

sounded like a highlander deer. I couldnt imagine taking a .300 win mag bullet and living.

Latest posts

Top Bottom