Worst handgun ever built??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They had a very long run of these guns that were inaccurate and unreliable. Not like one lot of guns, but YEARS of horrible crap output, like Taurus. My statement relates 100% to quality control. They did produce some functional Sigmas, and maybe the newer ones are better, IDK. But the track record is there. I bought one once, and it couldn't hit a car at 30 feet, and stovepiped a minimum of once per magazine.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They had a very long run of these guns that were inaccurate and unreliable. Not like one lot of guns, but YEARS of horrible crap output, like Taurus. My statement relates 100% to quality control. They did produce some functional Sigmas, and maybe the newer ones are better, IDK. But the track record is there. I bought one once, and it couldn't hit a car at 30 feet, and stovepiped a minimum of once per magazine.
Thanks much, I did not realize that, It certainly would tend to sour a person on them. Mine is about 2 years old, if I recall correctly. Also I have removed some of the springs, per a video on Youtube, which helped the trigger pull.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won't comment on anything I haven't owned, but my old Bersa 380 (the one that looks like a PPK) was a big piece o' crap. Had some kind of funny sear design that wouldn't let it fire about 75% of the time. Had to use the gangsta aim (Hold the gun upside down) to get it to fire.

You Hi Point haters need to actually own one before you diss. Else, STFU.

berettaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the Warner Infoulable
www.hunt101.com_data_500_imagesCAJGB1RL.jpg

BrandX

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first handgun was a Lorcin 380. I never once cycled a full magazine through it without either a misfeed or a failure to eject. BUT IT WAS CHROMED AND 80 BUCKS!!!!

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Taurus PT22 is pretty bad. Quality of materials is ok but the functionality (or lack of it) quickly turns the pistol into a paperweight. I've never fired the Beretta from where it was copied but I'm hoping it's better?

Growing up we had an RG .22 revolver. That thing wasn't good enough to be classified as a Saturday night special.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard good things about hi-point. They may be ugly as sin but from what i hear they are reliable and they have good customer service. When you are paying $160 for a handgun theres not much room to complain.

You have heard good things and I have seen hipoints in the flesh earn their bad reputation.

Just for the record the guy that I know who bought it had your attitude in the beginning but after essentially practicing malfunction drills for 20 minutes while the rest of the family was putting lead down range he packed his shyt up and watched everyone else have fun. He wasnt even in the mood to shoot anyone elses guns the rest of the evening.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You have heard good things and I have seen hipoints in the flesh earn their bad reputation.

Just for the record the guy that I know who bought it had your attitude in the beginning but after essentially practicing malfunction drills for 20 minutes while the rest of the family was putting lead down range he packed his shyt up and watched everyone else have fun. He wasnt even in the mood to shoot anyone elses guns the rest of the evening.

I would almost guarantee he has/had a bad magazine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom