Worst handgun ever built??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm still in text message land sir. you don't know this but I don't own a PC not that you would care, but its somewhat difficult to type on here. I'm just happy if I can be understood so I have obviously achieved that goal as even you could tell what I was saying. ahhhhh the breeze is nice up here on my horse, I can see everything.

k i js typ lik dis den cuz it mks me cl snce yu no wht im syn

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glocks. I've probably owned 5 in my life and got rid of every one. Don't like the grip angle, the way they sit in my hand, the trigger, the sights, or all the plastic. The only gun I've ever had fall apart on me was a Glock 23. I know, I know...a lot of people love Glocks.....I'm just not one of them.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I would never ever pay good $ for 1 of those things. my cousin has 1 that a friend of his gave him and it jams about 2 times per magazine. I've only fired the 9 and 45. hated both of them.

Hated them because you didn't like the feel or whatever is fine. But to say they all are the worst pistol ever made, based soley on your cousins friends experience, doesn't warrant the "worst" label. I'm sure that every product in the world, at sometime or another, has let someone down. I've got two high point .40's that my dad bought used from a garage sale for $60 for both, lol. My cousins shoot them when they come to visit, I give them each a couple boxes and they bang them away. Both pistols have had 500-600 rounds down the tube with zero problems. Would I choose one as a carry weapon, absolutely not, have they been dependable? Every pull of the trigger. Hi Point didn't pay me for this either.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glocks. I've probably owned 5 in my life and got rid of every one. Don't like the grip angle, the way they sit in my hand, the trigger, the sights, or all the plastic. The only gun I've ever had fall apart on me was a Glock 23. I know, I know...a lot of people love Glocks.....I'm just not one of them.

Sounds like you're about ready for number 6. J/K

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glocks are pretty horrible, whats up with that retarded grip angle?

Look back at the grip angles of the first handguns. They were typically almost straight. There is a bent hammer handle you can find now and then that enables the carpenter to keep a straighter wrist and thereby reduce stress on the joint.

The seventeen degree Glock grip angle feels strange to those of us used to the almost universal eleven degree 1911 grip angle. Seventeen degrees is ergonomically more sensible. My one Glock (type 1 17) always promises to put rounds over the target, yet I shoot it better than any 9mm I have ever owned, and at the moment it's my only 9mm handgun (not counting my 9x18 Makarovs). Many others have come and gone.

Back to the original direction of this thread, the Jennings/Lorcin/etc crowd of Saturday night specials has to be at the top of the list.

Hi-point is just a convenient whipping boy for the uninformed. It's like the Model A Ford which put the autombile in the hands of many more people who could previously not afford one. Never mind that they were all one color, not pretty, and not a hotrod.

Someone mentioned that Hi-Point uses inferior materials. First I have heard of that.

Just looked at BH's post count. Gimme a "T!" Gimme an "R!" Gimme an "O!" <broke the code yet?> Let's don't feed it more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom