Would these work for filming hunts from a tree stand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Meritline.com is a cheap website that usually sells chinese made crap that does actually work. Iphone chargers, fm modulators, cables, etc is what I have bought in the past.

I noticed they had these handlebar camera mounts for filming video from your bicycle and thought the same thing may work as a mount on a tree stand, shooting rail, tree limb etc. and one that you could take from tree to tree in a hurry. For $5.99 with free shipping may be worth a try.

http://www.meritline.com/bicycle-mount-for-cameras-camcorders-video-tripod---p-86063.aspx

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sure looks like it would work. The price is right as well.
I don't know how they can manufacture, package, and ship something like that and expect to make money.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Possibly. The issue will be if it can handle the weight of a true video camera as it's made for the weight of a digital camera/gopro. Plus, the ability to adjust for your shot will be very difficult as the mount doesn't swivel and the velcro will be super noisy in the woods. You'd have to wait for the deer to walk directly in front of the camera.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
my little cam is pretty light. I think if you set the thing up so over a feeder one day when you are filling it , it might work. You wouldn't want to be constantly moving it around though that's for sure.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over a feeder is a good spot to use it. Acorn flat, not so much lol. I checked into one of the tripods with the flexible arms that will grip treestands, etc. But the weight of anything over a small digital camera would cause the tripod to re-adjust on it's own.

Latest posts

Top Bottom