Would You Offer to Help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I go to a personal trainer every week, to help with my arthritis, and she was telling me about another one of her clients. That client recently lost her husband who was an avid gun collector and has lots of ammo also. She is overwhelmed trying to figure out what to do with everything and I suggested Village Tactical for the guns, as they have provided estate selling service for a friend of my fathers before. The ammo is another problem as the stores can't really sell it, just like they can't take returns on ammo. I suggested selling it on here and gave her the URL, for the site. The trouble is she has no idea about guns and ammo and really needs someone to inventory it and do the sales side. Would you offer to help the lady as she doesn't know me from Adam? I would be making the offer through the trainer and would tell her I'll take payment in either a firearm or some ammo, not cash she probably doesn't have anyway. Sound reasonable and would you make the offer?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have helped people sell stuff many times.
Even houses and if they are down on their luck I will do it for free or buy the stuff I want for the same price I would have advertised it for.
Estate sellers will get 33% or the ones I know about do.

Not cool.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I go to a personal trainer every week, to help with my arthritis, and she was telling me about another one of her clients. That client recently lost her husband who was an avid gun collector and has lots of ammo also. She is overwhelmed trying to figure out what to do with everything and I suggested Village Tactical for the guns, as they have provided estate selling service for a friend of my fathers before. The ammo is another problem as the stores can't really sell it, just like they can't take returns on ammo. I suggested selling it on here and gave her the URL, for the site. The trouble is she has no idea about guns and ammo and really needs someone to inventory it and do the sales side. Would you offer to help the lady as she doesn't know me from Adam? I would be making the offer through the trainer and would tell her I'll take payment in either a firearm or some ammo, not cash she probably doesn't have anyway. Sound reasonable and would you make the offer?
The way things are today... You do not know her so you have zero clue if she is a wack job. I would not put myself in that situation with an unknown...... I hate how that reads but sometimes the old saying "no good deed goes unpunished " holds true. Surely she can find someone she knows that can do this and if not ... that may tell the story.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd at least offer to meet her and discuss. You'll know real quick if should run away.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh man ... That's a hard one. I'm a little ashamed to say I'd have to take a step back. Too many crazy people in the world today. If we had a mutual friend -- and the friend would have to be a REALLY good friend -- but this is a little too far "removed" for me. Keep in mind the things I saw while working for lawyers all those years. As someone else has already said -- No good deed goes unpunished.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is she hot?

Too soon?

I’d suggest she get a friend/relative help her sell it here.
From what my trainer was saying, she doesn't have anyone left, now that her husband is gone. She mentioned having someone from Bass Pro come in and make an offer for all the guns and I just cringed. It might be easier, but she will get screwed big time that way. That's when I mentioned Village Tactical.

Latest posts

Top Bottom