Would you support a Universal Background Check that does NOT record serial numbers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"NICS only" universal checks fail for the same reason as any other form of universal check. It's unenforceable without a database.

Also, I would go further to say even a registry is unenforceable without periodic audits (i.e. visits to make sure everyone still has the ones they're registered to), and at that point, if you're going to dedicate those kind of resources, you may as well just confiscate them.

soup

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NO !!! Imo the only thing the UBC will accomplish ( if past) is creating an underground black market for stolen firearms for the gang bangers
who couldn't pass and won't submit to a background check. Look at Chicago, how many of the criminals that killed over 500 people in that
city last year, legally acquired those firearms by going to a dealer, submitting a 4473 and passing the NICS. I have a feeling it would be very few.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I truly hope and pray that you are right. But Obummer winning twice has broken my spirit and has got me very pessimistic about our current government and future way of life.

I hear you. I think we all are disappointed. I think the reason he won is that his opponent was a liberal lite, and when you have a rce between a liberal lite and a liberal, the liberal wins. Many conservatives did not voted for Rmoney.
Freedom and liberty is never free...we have to fight for it....there will always be people trying to enslave us...and we need to win the war in the classsroom and the cultural area....the fight will go on.
:)

jerbo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to think that the NRA was a bit unreasonable in not giving an inch on any kind of new gun laws, but now i see the light and understand that if they get a little bit this year, then next time they will want more, and so on and so on....

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, I would go further to say even a registry is unenforceable without periodic audits (i.e. visits to make sure everyone still has the ones they're registered to), and at that point, if you're going to dedicate those kind of resources, you may as well just confiscate them.

Also an excellent point. UBC will HAVE to have a database or registry, no matter what Schumer may say. Look to the Canadian long gun registry as a prime example of a catastrophic boondoggle.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just playing devils advocate here but who says a UBC would need to be effective? Our govt passes meaningless, unenforceable laws all the time. Thinking that the govt will somehow become efficient and effective on enforcement of a UBC is giving the govt more credibility than they deserve. It is very possible that they pass UBC and specifically prohibit a registry and the law will flounder about and go away much like the Canadian registry.

Again just devils advocate here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom