Would you support a Universal Background Check that does NOT record serial numbers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think what it comes down to is that we are going to loose SOMETHING.... its just a matter of what we loose. If the anti gunners said "Ok gun owners, we require one concession from you from our list of demands and we will leave you alone for a while" which would be the lesser of the evils?

I would rather have the background check forced on me than loosing my AKs and other "assault" weapons and all of my hi cap mags.
My RKBA is not given to me by the anti-2As. I don't care WHAT they say.
They will NEVER leave us alone. Throughout history, men have tried to disarm other men and enslave them.
Often by force. Sometimes by stealth.
The problem they face now is how do you disarm 100 million people? They can only do it one piece at a time. On many fronts: cultural, educational...make guns a dirty word...make sure kids today do not get gun training skills....
But why should I concede ANYTHING to someone who is trying to enslave me?
Why not just say "NO, not one inch more" to them. And make anyone who concedes an inch PAY big at the ballot box.
:)

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it would work exactly as you say, I would not have a problem with it. To make it work like you are implying it would be an even better idea to have a national FOID card like Illinois does. The idea being that one could go through the background check in advance and then buy as he/she pleases. An SDA card would do the same no? But we all know that it won't work that way, that we would have to go to a FFL, sheriff, etc. so that THEY could see and document that both parties have FOID cards. No we cannot and will not be trusted so my answer is not no but :hellno:

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No. I don't want anything done to us. They government WILL NOT stop at just a UBC. This is all leading towards registration then confiscation. That is the governments goal. We cannot afford to give even one millimeter. And if we do then in another couple of years they will want to impose something else, or take something else. We cannot stand for it.

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any kind of a background check includes your full name and social security #. When the time comes for registration then later confiscation, they are not going to care what guns you own. They're just gonna mail you a form to fill out with all gun information. When that info is cross checked with the system that shows you have purchased 8 firearms in the last 2 years and you've only registered 5, the guys in black are gonna come knockin at your front door!

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why is it so hard to understand - NICs job is to DENY transactions. They have no obligation to issue a "proceed." The more denies they get - the better it looks on paper to keep the place going. And since they don't have to report to anyone - there is nothing that stops them from from denying selectively, randomly or summarily. You think "delayed" is bad ....

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That is an incorrect assumption. Collusion with the enemy when their m.o. Is the incremental erosion of our freedom is to fall into the trap. Next time it will be something else that seems the lesser of two evils, then the next time, and the next...
Make your stand now, or stay out of the way because you are not helping by caving in if you believe it is either this or that bad choice.

I did not support the enemy the last two presidential elections, but we still got the lesser of two evils. Putting your head in the sand and pretending nothing is going to happen is no course of action.

I think we are going to loose some of our rights this time around... too many things have lined up for them in a very short period.....

we can perhaps choose which loss of rights will hurt the least or let the messiah force his will on us and possibly loose it all now instead of later

Sorry if I sound a pessimist, but I am sure gun owners are going to take a hit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom