Would you support a Universal Background Check that does NOT record serial numbers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On the surface I would be for strengthening the current system and a voluntary BC on private sales with no serial or model numbers.

The problem is that no matter what they get now, next year it will be called a loophole and more "fixes" will be needed.

So I say NO.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another similar but slightly different idea I have heard is to have a purchasing license...basically once a year you get a background check and once approved, you can buy at will with that license until it expires...then you can renew and continue to purchase.

Not sure how I feel about it...but putting it out there for debate.

At least that way they wouldn't know if you actually purchased any firearms or how many.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think what it comes down to is that we are going to loose SOMETHING.... its just a matter of what we loose. If the anti gunners said "Ok gun owners, we require one concession from you from our list of demands and we will leave you alone for a while" which would be the lesser of the evils?

I would rather have the background check forced on me than loosing my AKs and other "assault" weapons and all of my hi cap mags.

That is an incorrect assumption. Collusion with the enemy when their m.o. Is the incremental erosion of our freedom is to fall into the trap. Next time it will be something else that seems the lesser of two evils, then the next time, and the next...
Make your stand now, or stay out of the way because you are not helping by caving in if you believe it is either this or that bad choice.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, I would not support it, because it would involve threatening prison and fines against people who are engaged in completely peaceful conduct that doesn't threaten the rights of others in any way... namely, engaging in a voluntary exchange between individuals. I oppose the current FFL background check requirement and all other prior restraints on the RKBA or any other right for the same reason.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think what it comes down to is that we are going to loose SOMETHING.... its just a matter of what we loose. If the anti gunners said "Ok gun owners, we require one concession from you from our list of demands and we will leave you alone for a while" which would be the lesser of the evils?

I would rather have the background check forced on me than loosing my AKs and other "assault" weapons and all of my hi cap mags.

Both are unacceptable. If you allow the UBC, you will eventually lose them anyway.

Chaseme3

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We all wish there were zero restrictions just as the constitution says, but in todays world the issue we have is keeping guns out of the hands of crazies. If a UBC is not your answer what other ideas do you have?

Latest posts

Top Bottom