Would you support a Universal Background Check that does NOT record serial numbers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think what it comes down to is that we are going to loose SOMETHING.... its just a matter of what we loose. If the anti gunners said "Ok gun owners, we require one concession from you from our list of demands and we will leave you alone for a while" which would be the lesser of the evils?

I would rather have the background check forced on me than loosing my AKs and other "assault" weapons and all of my hi cap mags.

This is the attitude that will eventually cost us all of our freedoms. NO COMPROMISE!

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We all wish there were zero restrictions just as the constitution says, but in todays world the issue we have is keeping guns out of the hands of crazies. If a UBC is not your answer what other ideas do you have?

What makes you think the crazies will always (or ever) be denied? Unless the person is adjudicated as crazy, then just who is going to put them on the Do Not Sell list? If they are crazy then is your silly little background check going to stop them from stealing guns from their dead mother?

Which mass killing happened where guns were not purchased legally through an FFL (with a background check) that weren't stolen, e.g. through a private sale? Is there one?

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We all wish there were zero restrictions just as the constitution says, but in todays world the issue we have is keeping guns out of the hands of crazies. If a UBC is not your answer what other ideas do you have?

Why do we need other ideas? We all wish there were zero restrictions, and would be happy if there were. . .anything else makes us unhappy, so why would we look for ideas to make us unhappy?

Chaseme3

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What makes you think the crazies will always (or ever) be denied? Unless the person is adjudicated as crazy, then just who is going to put them on the Do Not Sell list? If they are crazy then is your silly little background check going to stop them from stealing guns from their dead mother?

Which mass killing happened where guns were not purchased legally through an FFL (with a background check) that weren't stolen, e.g. through a private sale? Is there one?

I didn't say they would or could be, I simply asked you what ideas you had.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

First stop assuming that there is any way to eliminate the possibility that a crazy will get a weapon without stomping on our rights.
Then, arm every legal citizen.

In the meanwhile, start another thread with your question. Should be interesting.

Chaseme3

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There already are restrictions and they arent just ganna let us get rid of them all. Im trying to be realistic and see what we can reduce and compromise on. Theres alot higher population of people than there were years ago and just as we have always done we must adapt.

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There already are restrictions and they arent just ganna let us get rid of them all. Im trying to be realistic and see what we can reduce and compromise on. Theres alot higher population of people than there were years ago and just as we have always done we must adapt.

It sounds to me like you are asking what ideas we have for NEW restrictions.

Chaseme3

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obvious person knows its obvious you aren't ganna get to just get rid of all restrictions because there are too many higher powers that can prevent this, however we could change restrictions that fit better that would be less restrictive.

Chaseme3

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe in certain situations people like holmes who have mental instability and are a risk could be flagged on their drivers license so if they were ever purchasing ammo or something else it would raise a flag. Im not sure what the answer is, which is why i was asking for others ideas. I created a new thread(http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?164944-The-New-America) if you would like to post there instead. Sorry for hijacking your thread 10Seconds!

V/r,

A1C Deese

Latest posts

Top Bottom