Writers and Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've come across some stupid stuff in John Grisham novels.
One had something like "the ballistics for the 38 revolver in evidence matched the gun found on the scene with 2 bullets in the chamber and 4 spent cases on the floor".
That's hard to do.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing I remember in Lethal Weapon was Mel Gibson holding up a FMJ and saying something like, "I even got a ******* hollow point to do the job right."

It also annoys me when an actor blinks every time they pull the trigger. :D

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've come across some stupid stuff in John Grisham novels.
One had something like "the ballistics for the 38 revolver in evidence matched the gun found on the scene with 2 bullets in the chamber and 4 spent cases on the floor".
Maybe a squib ("2 bullets in the chamber") and it blew up, scattering 4 spent cases? :D

lower case g

Marksman
Reaction score
I always groan when someone in a movie has a Glock, and you can hear them cock the hammer. Another one is when you have a stand off for 30+ seconds, then suddenly one of the people decides to chamber a round.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always groan when someone in a movie has a Glock, and you can hear them cock the hammer. Another one is when you have a stand off for 30+ seconds, then suddenly one of the people decides to chamber a round.

Yeah, movie sound engineers go crazy with guns in the scene, every time someone touches or moves one it sounds like they racked the slide. Really annoying.
Kind of like airbags in cars the turn into nice fluffy pillows.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like when the user has a gun that's empty and you hear a click. Then they try to pull the trigger several more times resulting in "click click click click"

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like when the user has a gun that's empty and you hear a click. Then they try to pull the trigger several more times resulting in "click click click click"

Sounds like the old westerns. Click when empty, two more clicks, and then throw the gun at the person they ran out of ammo shooting at.

Latest posts

Top Bottom