Wtb Oil Capitol membership

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okiegunner

Stormtrooper
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to buy a membership to oil capital if anyone has one for sale or knows someone. Says waiting list is closed on their website and hasnt been updated in 3 months. plus I don't know anyone that is a member out there to refer me to even be put on the list. Thanks

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The list is closed because of the number of people currently waiting for a membership. When it's open, it's easy to get a referral from a fellow member. Right now, the list isn't updated because there isn't anything to update. You can always call if you have additional questions.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finding an OC membership through a private sale is possible, though tough. Be sure that any membership you consider purchasing this way has the 2013 dues paid ($125 + 50 late fee after October 31). There is a $100 transfer fee to be paid too; be sure to negotiate that with the seller.

A better way to get one is by working with a current Oil Capital member. Packets to get onto the wait list can be sent ONLY to a current member, for forwarding on to a prospective new member.

A good way to get to know more about Oil Capital is involvement in some of the competitive events. Take a look at the Oil Capital website for info http://www.ocrgc.com/ I'm heavily involved with IDPA and Defensive Practical Rifle.

Okiegunner

Stormtrooper
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finding an OC membership through a private sale is possible, though tough. Be sure that any membership you consider purchasing this way has the 2013 dues paid ($125 + 50 late fee after October 31). There is a $100 transfer fee to be paid too; be sure to negotiate that with the seller.

A better way to get one is by working with a current Oil Capital member. Packets to get onto the wait list can be sent ONLY to a current member, for forwarding on to a prospective new member.

A good way to get to know more about Oil Capital is involvement in some of the competitive events. Take a look at the Oil Capital website for info http://www.ocrgc.com/ I'm heavily involved with IDPA and Defensive Practical Rifle.

Thanks for all the info. I will look into a couple of the things you mentioned

SPCAS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a note on the bulletin board at Oil Capital showing a membership for sale. Its pretty pricey at $2000 though. Was out there the other day shooting with a friend and noticed it.

TulsaGeoff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a membership about a year ago. I absolutely love it. I don’t have access to land to shoot on so $125 a year is well worth it. You can bring guests out to shoot and hang out for the day without the crowded public range feel. There are club houses with kitchens to use. There are no angry range officers to scold you for shooting too fast. You can bring your own metal targets up there on the pinking range. You can get access to the skeet/trap machines if you are interested in that. I think its $3 a round for members and $4 for guests. My friends and I love shooting the clays. We tried cat fishing in the bigger pond and caught about 6 good size catch fish last summer. I have not shot archery or been in the air gun building yet, but so far I love my membership.

I spent many months waiting for someone to sell their membership on here, Tulsa World classifieds, and Craig’s list. I placed a want to buy listing on Craigs list for $1500 and ended up getting a membership. I got in for $1500 + $100 transfer fee without having to pay dues for about 8 months. I knew several members so getting a current member’s endorsement wasn’t an issue.

nate76

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is exactly my thought, well said Geoff. They would have to pull this membership from my cold dead hands before I ever sold it.

I bought a membership about a year ago. I absolutely love it. I don’t have access to land to shoot on so $125 a year is well worth it. You can bring guests out to shoot and hang out for the day without the crowded public range feel. There are club houses with kitchens to use. There are no angry range officers to scold you for shooting too fast. You can bring your own metal targets up there on the pinking range. You can get access to the skeet/trap machines if you are interested in that. I think its $3 a round for members and $4 for guests. My friends and I love shooting the clays. We tried cat fishing in the bigger pond and caught about 6 good size catch fish last summer. I have not shot archery or been in the air gun building yet, but so far I love my membership.

I spent many months waiting for someone to sell their membership on here, Tulsa World classifieds, and Craig’s list. I placed a want to buy listing on Craigs list for $1500 and ended up getting a membership. I got in for $1500 + $100 transfer fee without having to pay dues for about 8 months. I knew several members so getting a current member’s endorsement wasn’t an issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom