Wtb Oil Capitol membership

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TulsaGeoff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's $1500 with a $100 transfer fee if you buy it from someone else. It is $1500 if you buy a club owned membership + the years dues ($125). You may sell it when you want out. 5 years ago it was still $1500. Since there are no memberships available some people have sold them for $2000 or $2500. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

ttownokie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's $1500 with a $100 transfer fee if you buy it from someone else. It is $1500 if you buy a club owned membership + the years dues ($125). You may sell it when you want out. 5 years ago it was still $1500. Since there are no memberships available some people have sold them for $2000 or $2500. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If this is true, i apologize for my misinformation. It would be helpful to clarify what the real price of membership is so non members know if they are being offered a reasonable price.

TulsaGeoff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry I meant to say it can be any price that member holder wants, but Oil Capital charges $1500 + dues for a membership issued through them. I bought mine from Craigslist with a "want to buy" willing to pay $1500 listing. Someone sold it to me for that. That way they recoup their money and you get an awesome place to go shoot.

ttownokie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I apologize for the general accusatory remark, I don't see anything wrong with members asking for a reasonable premium in selling their memberships. I was just concerned for the buyer, to be fair, he should know what the normal membership price is to determine if that premium is worth it to them or not. Thanks for the information.

Gilly

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm very new to this forum, although I've been reading for a while. I am interesting in joining the Oil Capital if anyone knows of anyone who is interested in selling their membership. I have a friend who is a member and will 'sponsor' me, but I need to find a willing seller. I will pay a reasonable price, whatever the 'market' price is nowadays. I'm a lifetime gun owner, NRA member, and firm believer in 'safety first', especially at a range where many others are around. I've been shooting at local ranges for a long time, but with the recent frenzy of new gun owners I've become a bit concerned about my own safety at these places. Thanks for listening.

SPCAS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have your friend put you in the wait list once a spot opens up. That's how I got on last year. They usually open up around membership dues time

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The real price is $125/year?, the members that are already in, voting to not allow new members, and then go off to sell their artificially inflated extra memberships for $1500/ea that they are not using. I understand the need to limit the total number of members for the facility, and it may be acceptable to some individuals to sucker someone into paying $1500 for something they paid $125 for. But allowing this stuff to occur just hurts the community.

Oil Capital is a private, social and sportsmen club, owned by the members. It's not a for-profit business (like USSA or OK2A: both of which are fine facilities) nor is it a club financed by a large foundation (like Red castle, which is another fine facility).

IMHO, for these reasons, the members of Oil Capital have the right to do what they want and are under no obligation to add more people to the membership. Maybe the fact that it is limited membership IS what makes it so un-crowded and a little bit different from the other facilities in town.

:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom