• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

WTB small, cheap .22 revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geezer77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to buy a low cost small size .22LR revolver to use with noisemaker blanks and snake loads. I own nice .22LR handguns but refuse to use blanks or snake loads in them on the farm. For this revolver, ugly doesn't matter, good mechanical/shootable condition does. F2F in SW OKC area. Did I say cheap? :)

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
How cheap is cheap? You can usually find the little Heritage Arms Rough Riders for around or a little more than $100. You might find something used for less, but probably not a lot less.

geezer77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, that's a good price range, and of course I see the Heritage RR's all over. If they had a "Sheriff" model with 2" or 3" bbl I'd be interested. Sort of put off by the usual "full" size cowboy models, have no use for a 4-7" bbl, would much prefer something more pocketable if I can find it. If they weren't so pricey I'd like to have a top break NAA with both cylinders.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Sure, that's a good price range, and of course I see the Heritage RR's all over. If they had a "Sheriff" model with 2" or 3" bbl I'd be interested. Sort of put off by the usual "full" size cowboy models, have no use for a 4-7" bbl, would much prefer something more pocketable if I can find it. If they weren't so pricey I'd like to have a top break NAA with both cylinders.
They make the Rough Rider with 3.5 inch barrels, and the BarKeep models as short as 1". I think it was Atwoods, or maybe it was one of the online stores that advertised the BarKeep for a little more than $100 recently, but it's usually the Rough Riders you see on sale occasionally for $99.

geezer77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They make the Rough Rider with 3.5 inch barrels, and the BarKeep models as short as 1". I think it was Atwoods, or maybe it was one of the online stores that advertised the BarKeep for a little more than $100 recently, but it's usually the Rough Riders you see on sale occasionally for $99.
Thanks, Aires, that Barkeep model sounds exactly like what I need. I live near an Atwoods, will check it out.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
While I was recently in BigBoys they had an old H&R 9 shot double action for $200-ish.

Mustang Atwoods usually has the barkeep but the price is up to $179 on it. Still a cool little pistol though and I’ve considered buying one myself

Latest posts

Top Bottom