XDm 3.3 Sub-compact Mod.2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has tried the "Mod.2" versions of Springfield's XDm line.
Yesterday I went to this lil' gun shop here in town and they happened to have one.
I handled it and I can tell you one thing, it feels WAY BETTER then the regular XDm's and XD's.
One thing I noticed (It may be just me) but the felt as if the bore axis is lower than the regular XDm line.
Of course the grip is totally different but it feels like a totally different gun than compared to the regular XDm and XD line.
I think that may be my next purchase as far as another small pistol goes besides a FNH FNS40c.

I wanna' know if any of y'all have shot one yet.
Because everyone knows that out of Glock, S&W, and SA, SA's XDm and XD subcompact's are the shortest out of all three (At least to me they are).
So I'm a bit skeptical how it would be on how the recoil feels.
Plus I'm waiting if they'll make it in .40S&W, of course. :rotflmao:

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My usual carry for more than 12 years has been an XD sub besides my sometimes carry G19. Bought the Mod.2 sub when it first came out and love it, no noticeable problems for me with recoil on these sub compacts and I shoot alot, maybe its because Ive got thick wrists and big hands. Im not a great longer range shot because of slight near sightedness so I stick to self defense short range shooting and just shoot alot, like 2-3 times a week sometimes mostly at my own place out in the country but also at the range.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My usual carry for more than 12 years has been an XD sub besides my sometimes carry G19. Bought the Mod.2 sub when it first came out and love it, no noticeable problems for me with recoil on these sub compacts and I shoot alot, maybe its because Ive got thick wrists and big hands. Im not a great longer range shot because of slight near sightedness so I stick to self defense short range shooting and just shoot alot, like 2-3 times a week sometimes mostly at my own place out in the country but also at the range.

Alrighty, cuz' now I'm thinking hard if I oughta' trade my M&P Shield (.40S&W) for the SA XDm 3.3 sc Mod.2.
Not sure yet, I'mma have to go to the range a few more times and shoot my Shield a bit more before I decide.
Just the trigger on the XDm Mod.2 was freakin' SWEET!
I just wish they also made it in .40 the same time they had it come out for 9mm. :'(

Edit: I just looked on their site and they do make it in .40!!! :woohoo1::woohoo1:
So I'm for sure gonna' have to get this! But I'm still not sure if I oughta' get rid of my Shield for it though....

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alrighty, cuz' now I'm thinking hard if I oughta' trade my M&P Shield (.40S&W) for the SA XDm 3.3 sc Mod.2.
Not sure yet, I'mma have to go to the range a few more times and shoot my Shield a bit more before I decide.
Just the trigger on the XDm Mod.2 was freakin' SWEET!
I just wish they also made it in .40 the same time they had it come out for 9mm. :'(

Edit: I just looked on their site and they do make it in .40!!! :woohoo1::woohoo1:
So I'm for sure gonna' have to get this! But I'm still not sure if I oughta' get rid of my Shield for it though....
Just save for the new Mod.2 and keep the Shield. Best of both worlds.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the grip more than a XD or the M. I just played with the 45 and may go rent one of those. I would never buy one, but would shoot one.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have thought about one but the giant banner that says "grip zone" on the side kills it for me. I think a ruger lc9s pro will be in my future.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'mma keep my Shield and just save up for it.
Besides, I have other things I want right now so it'll be a while before I get it.
My last two purchases have been compact pistols (G23 & Shield) so I kinda want something more.
I do like the trigger on it though, it is sweet!

Latest posts

Top Bottom