Xd's xdm's vs glocks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As an owner of an XD9, try the Glock or an M&P. The XDm's seem pretty promising, I just hate the trigger reset on the regular XD's. That being said, i've had 2500+ FLAWLESS rounds through my XD9, and it is a great shooter. I'd trust my life with it, and I'd never get rid of it.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I owned and carried glocks for the first 4 years of my career. I was never happy about how they felt to me. I tried and tried to get the feel....never could. Dont get me wrong they are great pistols and can take some neglect and abuse and still operate. I just never could get past how they felt. I ended up modding ( grip reduction and removed the finger grooves, undercut the trigger guard and added some stippling ) the grip on my 17 and it just became my best friend. I shot mush better and had more felt control. But sadly when I changed employment I was told I couldnt carry it. I sold it and had to carry a 22 I couldnt mod....I hated that.
I ended up buying a XD40 service really cheap....my scores increased and I felt better. I have since found shortcomings with the ergos on the XD too. So I modded the grip on that and I am just flat in love with it.
I find the XD to be just as reliable as the glocks and just as accurate. They are base price just as reasonable. I carry my XD's with confidence. Thats not saying I would not mind a glock, but I would have to work on it.....

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go with what feels better for you and what shoots better for you. Both are excellent options. Really can't go wrong with either or even the S&W M&P series of guns. It's just a matter of ergonomics and what you like. For a compact 40 or 9, I prefer glocks. The grip is right for me and I'm one of those weirdos who like the Hogue rubber grips on them to make the grips "rounder." When it comes to full sizes and .45 cal, I like the "idea" of the M&P. I say "idea" because I haven't really had much range time with a larger m&p, yet. The XD's have a more 1911 type feel to them and the XDm's are built "tighter" so they are theoretically more accurate. This may also have a downside of possibly being more prone to failure to ejects or feeds, but it's more theory and negligible for what you will use it for. I do enjoy shooting an XDm .45 a lot.

I personally am not a fan of the grip safety and XD's seems chunky for me. I'd love for it to have a lower bore axis, as well.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The XD's have a more 1911 type feel to them and the XDm's are built "tighter" so they are theoretically more accurate. This may also have a downside of possibly being more prone to failure to ejects or feeds, but it's more theory and negligible for what you will use it for. I do enjoy shooting an XDm .45 a lot.

I personally am not a fan of the grip safety and XD's seems chunky for me. I'd love for it to have a lower bore axis, as well.

The more in spec a gun is, it becomes inherently less reliable really? I have never heard/read the part in bold about the xdm anywhere else. I believe that statement is without merit, can you site some evidence?

@ OP, I love my glock and I love my XD. The glock angle is weird to me but it is a straight shooter and thats why i love it. My xd was my first gun and it has been 100% since the day I bought it a couple years ago, as I break it in it only gets more accurate. The grip on it is a tad robust but I have fairly large hands to grip it. This grip safety on it isn't noticeable to me or Mrs. Beast when shooting either.

To me it's a coin flip between the XD and Glock, BUT I would easily choose the XDm over the Glock. My only regret about buying the XD is that I didn't buy the XDm instead.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the xd (like the glock) is a plain jane work horse pistol. The XDm has all the frills.

- match grade barrel
- slightly higher mag capacity (19rnds opposed to the xd's 16)
- improved trigger (debated)
- better ergonomics (more aggressive slide serrations, thinner slide, grip texture is better, slide stop is improved)
- adjustable back straps
- no dry fire to disassemble

The guns are accurate enough but making it more comfortable for the shooter to hold can increase your accuracy leaps and bounds. IMO the XDm Bitone Competition and the S&W Pro are the most beautiful polymer handguns on the market.

(Pics are of Don Davis' firearms)
i742.photobucket.com_albums_xx67_dondavis3_Guns_SpringfieldXdM525Competition.jpg

i742.photobucket.com_albums_xx67_dondavis3_Guns_SWMPPro9mm.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom