Xd's xdm's vs glocks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The more in spec a gun is, it becomes inherently less reliable really? I have never heard/read the part in bold about the xdm anywhere else. I believe that statement is without merit, can you site some evidence?

@ OP, I love my glock and I love my XD. The glock angle is weird to me but it is a straight shooter and thats why i love it. My xd was my first gun and it has been 100% since the day I bought it a couple years ago, as I break it in it only gets more accurate. The grip on it is a tad robust but I have fairly large hands to grip it. This grip safety on it isn't noticeable to me or Mrs. Beast when shooting either.

To me it's a coin flip between the XD and Glock, BUT I would easily choose the XDm over the Glock. My only regret about buying the XD is that I didn't buy the XDm instead.
\

I didn't say more in spec, but built tighter. Tighter guns are inherently more accurate. However, tighter guns can also mean it may be more susceptible to dirt, dust, ect. Examples include AR's vs AK's, Glocks vs 1911's, and heck early GI 1911's vs custom target 1911's. Tighter guns need more break-in period and looser guns will function under a wider range of conditions, ammo, and variables. And I didn't necessarily say that XDm's even have that problem, but just a thought that this may be the case due to XDm's being a tighter gun out of the polymer guns.

Why I even mention that is because the reports I get from buddies who frequent tactical training courses do tell me that overall XDs and XDm "seem" to have more stoppages than Glocks or M&P's, but stoppages with these guns are very few and far between that it's not really worth using as a data point against the XD or XDm. Especially when you compare polymer guns to 1911's. Don't think I've met anyone who frequents defensive shooting courses or teach a course ever mention a 1911 making it through all the way without a malfunction.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The two guns I have shot the best with were a XD9 and XD45. Have never been comfortable with Glocks but I do want. Gen 4 Glock 19.

Sam Anderson

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The xd has the safety on back like a 1911. Just another gadget in my opinion to get in the way. I stick with the glocks, just pull the trigger and bang.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I much prefer the Glocks with the RT [Rough Texture] over the regular grip finish. One thing about the Glocks, they have a natural pointability. You can lay one on a table or have it in a holster... close your eyes and then bringing it up like you were going to aim & shoot. 99% of the time, when you open your eyes your sights will be lined up darn near perfectly. It is [almost] a point and shoot weapon at 30 feet... without using the sights. Like pointing your finger at someone... just a natural motion.

I've got a Glock 19, 23 & 21... wouldn't take for any of them. When the flesh-eating Zombie invasion occurs after China or Russia drops a Bath Salts bomb over America... I'll stick a 32 rd mag in the G19 and a 22 rd mag in the G23.... and then with my AR strapped to my back, I'll go postal on the walking dead.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been shooting Glock's for over 20 years. My Model 19 is a great carry gun and 100% reliable. I carry an XDm 9 as my duty sidearm and feel quite comfortable with it as it too is totally reliable and very accurate. I still carry the 1911 on occasion and any time I am in my Class A uniform. I have no problem trusting any of these pistols to get the job done, in fact I bet my life on it every night when I go to work.
There is no reason to pit Glock against XD as they are both fine guns and relatively inexpensive when compared to the Semi-custom 1911s and the SIGs or HKs.

dugby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did not like the full size Glock 40 cal I had for a few years, Sold it. Bought an XMD40 and really liked it over the feel of the Glock. I shot my son's XD45 quite a lot and did not like it as well as the XDM 40. Just hard to not compare anything 45 to a good 1911.

I later bought a S&W M&P pro in 40 and really liked it the best of any of them from an ergonomic standpoint. Wife likes the S&W M&P 45 so I am going to get rid of my XDM40.

Now I can't make up my mind to focus my practice in on the M&P's or 1911's. They are all very reliable and fun!

There is no substitue for getting the time on the trigger yourself to see what works for you.

S

Smokin

Been through and taught several training classes, and I have seen stoppages with all of them even the venerable HK, most were user or ammunition induced. This is really a moot point, get the trigger time, get a feel for what you shoot the best, get the one you choose, get some training, and practice with it as often as you can.

Latest posts

Top Bottom