Yeppers.....GM Still Sucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of opinion there. Meanwhile, the Ecoboost has smacked down all comers in all the actual tests I've seen. The 6.2 Ford has been compared to the 6.0 and 6.2 and it came out ahead, again, in the tests I've read. If you want to talk bolt ons, change out the intake on the 5.0 to a Mustang intake and you have 412hp out of 302 CI.

Actually no, that's all pretty much fact.
Tests you've seen and read LOL
How about GO GET ONE! Not just read some biased magazine crap. I actually drove an Echo for a little while. The only thing smacked down was its power, peppy little thing for sure. But a complete joke for real power.
And no, every test and comparison on Fords 6.2 has always compared it to the 5.3. Again not me reading, I have personal experience with the GM 6.2 and a buddy has a Craptor with a 6.2. Like stated above, the ford 6.2 wouldn't be a bad motor, if you didn't have to buy a gay looking $60k toy with a few bolt one to get it.
As far as your 5.0 getting 412hp with an I take alone, show me one. I can show you plenty of 5.3s that do.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why bail out big businesses and not smaller businesses?
I don't disagree with you in general, but keeping GM from failing was more about preventing the failure of all of the smaller businesses that supply them (and Ford and Chrysler and everyone else building cars in the US). Keeping GM from failing was far more efficient than trying to keep the individual suppliers afloat.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And a for the Craptor, who the hell would want to pay that much for a truck that only gets 10mpg and a 6k lb towing capacity???? LOL
Why would anyone buy a Corvette that only seats two people???? LOL. :screwy:

You don't buy a Raptor for its towing capacity or fuel economy any more than you buy a PSG-1 to shoot tin cans. That's not what they're designed to do.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would anyone buy a Corvette that only seats two people???? LOL. :screwy:

You don't buy a Raptor for its towing capacity or fuel economy any more than you buy a PSG-1 to shoot tin cans. That's not what they're designed to do.

The Vette is a sports car, you pay for the "sport" part.
Raptor is a truck
For the extra $10k it cost you could do a little suspension work to a chevy 6.2 truck. Do what the raptor does and still get better mileage and 10k lb towing.
BTW if you watch all the guys who endorse the raptor on TV, they always always brag about the towing LOL

soonerbulldog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Precisley. Look at the GM bailout from 30k ft above and of course it makes sense. It wasn't ideal but it sure saved a lot of **** from hitting the fan!!!!

ps.....the gm 6.2 has been around since I think 2007. It took ford how long to crack the 400hp barrier for a gas truck ? Who the hell puts the shifter in the console anyway! If you truly work out of your truck you will find this to be the biggest inconvenience imaginable.

I don't disagree with you in general, but keeping GM from failing was more about preventing the failure of all of the smaller businesses that supply them (and Ford and Chrysler and everyone else building cars in the US). Keeping GM from failing was far more efficient than trying to keep the individual suppliers afloat.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the record, I own an Ecoboost. I drove a lot of trucks before I settled on this one. I know it's not the fastest thing on the road, but I've smacked down plenty of 6.0's in Chevy's. All I have is a tuner. And as bad as I killed those things, I know I would have beaten them stock. It wasn't even close. I have driven several 5.3 and 6.0 Chevy's. The newest DI might be better but they were always gutless gas hogs. I'd take a 390 hp Hemi any day. Tell you what, you go get a new 6.2 in a 4wd, 4dr and put $400 into it (that's what my tuner cost) and we can race them loaded, unloaded, trailer, etc and we can check the gas mileage.
I bought my truck less than a year ago and when I did my research, the Fords had better power and better mpg for any given setup versus the Chevy. That combined with real world feedback from friends, neighbors, message boards, etc. it was pretty obvious what the choice should be.
Also, my first truck, first vehicle was a Chevy. I loved that truck. I've owned a lot of cars and trucks, all different brands, so I'm not some fanboy like some of you Chevy guys obviously are.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Vette is a sports car, you pay for the "sport" part.
Raptor is a truck
I must be making my point too subtly, because you completely missed it. The Raptor is, for all intents and purposes, a sports car designed for off-roading; the fact that it can tow is a byproduct of the fact that it's a truck, but that's not what it's designed to do. If you want a 4x4 that has a high tow rating, you buy an FX4, not a Raptor.
For the extra $10k it cost you could do a little suspension work to a chevy 6.2 truck. Do what the raptor does and still get better mileage and 10k lb towing.
Oh, please. If you do the suspension work to the Chebbie to get it to do what the Raptor does, its tow rating will be far below its stock rating, just like the Raptor's tow rating is far below the FX4's. There are trade-offs to everything.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, my first truck, first vehicle was a Chevy. I loved that truck. I've owned a lot of cars and trucks, all different brands, so I'm not some fanboy like some of you Chevy guys obviously are.

First of all, stop light drag racing or who can pass who on the highway ain't the measure of a truck lol
Second, I think you forget in the last 2 years I've owned 2 Newer Fords and 1 Chevy.....
That's just in the last 2 years

Latest posts

Top Bottom