Yeppers.....GM Still Sucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a new GMC truck a couple of weeks ago. I like it a lot. First GM product in 30 years or so. The quality has improved a lot. I agree the
government should not have bailed them out but the government does lots of stupid things and wastes a lot but people still vote the idiots in!

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got at least 5 trannys between GM and Ford that dispute this assertion. (granted these were all about a decade ago)

As far as the Dodge auto trannys, we have only used a stick until the last one I just bought this spring. Guess we will see if Dodge has learned a bit over the years on the auto trans. Wish the Aisin would have been available in the 3/4T Ram.

The occasional bad anything happens, but Im referring to them being a major issue.... Like dodge trannies in the past.
The newer dodge autos seem to be better so you might be ok.

I just thought it was funny to see a couple guys so such a broad opinionated claim with nothing to back it.
Especially when that claim is so far from the truth.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again, how do you figure???

The LS platform is arguably the most powerful, dependable and easiest to work on gasoline engines ever produced. And it's a Rod motor!!! Show me ANY 323 CI motor that can put out close to 400 HP with minimal bolt ons and some tuning. Last 300k miles and get 20+ MPG in a full size truck.
The doggy 5.4 Mod motor couldn't come close, the Hemi not a chance...
The EchoBoost, a short lived power kiddy motor and the new 5.0 ain't no better than the 5.4
And what's funny about that, GM has two bigger even more poweful motors in their truck lineup than the 5.3
But NO ONE ever wants to compare their truck motors to a GM 6.0 or 6.2...

...So again.... How are they way behind???

A lot of opinion there. Meanwhile, the Ecoboost has smacked down all comers in all the actual tests I've seen. The 6.2 Ford has been compared to the 6.0 and 6.2 and it came out ahead, again, in the tests I've read. If you want to talk bolt ons, change out the intake on the 5.0 to a Mustang intake and you have 412hp out of 302 CI.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I'm not really knowledgeable about what financing was available at the time, but Ford did operate from private loans. I wonder where they found that source?
Timing is everything. Bill Ford figured out that they were in trouble and hired Mulally to get the ship righted in 2006, before the credit markets froze. If he'd waited much longer, they'd have been in the same boat as GM and Chrysler.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, about this "unemployment would have cost over 10 billion already" nonsense. Did you guys really think that GM and Chrysler were going to cease to exist through bankruptcy? All bankruptcy would have done is restructure those companies back into profitability. All that has been accomplished by the bailout is kicking the can down the road to the next crisis. Mark my words, there will be another bailout the next time they hit a rough patch.

The way I feel also, But I like GM products.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the hell did it become the government's business to bail out private businesses anyway? Why bail out big businesses and not smaller businesses?

If BB's pet store went out of business, would the govt pay her to keep it open?
If VM's computer consulting closed, would the govt pay him to keep it open?
If JB's law office ran out of money, would the govt pay him to keep it going?
I think not!

If your company fails and/or folds...go get another job! In the oil bust of 1982 I worked for 14 different companies. Why? Because when one closed their doors - I found another one!

Oh yeah, I remember now. Unions and liberal-assed democrats calling the shots. Bunch of frigging wussies. Man-up, Cry-babies! Instead of holding your hand out, dry your tears, grab a different tool and get your lazy asses to work. Believe it or not, it's not the taxpayers' job to give you ANYTHING!

(This post not directed to anyone specific on OSA. But - if the shoe fits...put it on and get a friggin job!)

Period.

Sent from HT's iPad using Tapatalk HD

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will not own a GM vehicle. Ford FTW!!!!!

I hope Ford provides a Japanese owners manual, you are kidding yourself if you think they recovered without some assistance. Most of the money they got came from over seas investors. Also don't forget Ford closed down several plants and laid of thousands of employees in order to make enough cuts to stay above water. What did it reward investors with. Stock that went from the $20ish range and dropped to $1.75ish. My only mistake was not buying the $5000 of stock at that price and making a huge profit. Neighbor invested $10k and cashed out at $75k on Ford doing this.

Ford is just now bragging they are opening plants back up and hiring people again, care to bet if they are going to hire the people they laid off or if these will be new hires???

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of opinion there. Meanwhile, the Ecoboost has smacked down all comers in all the actual tests I've seen. The 6.2 Ford has been compared to the 6.0 and 6.2 and it came out ahead, again, in the tests I've read. If you want to talk bolt ons, change out the intake on the 5.0 to a Mustang intake and you have 412hp out of 302 CI.

Once again bragging about an engine without telling the whole story on the Ecoboost. The one where the intercoolers are clogging with oil, no known fix from Ford yet and owners being told out of warranty sorry about your luck (have a friend and my step brother who both experienced this) and then the 4cyl ecoboost engines that were catching fire.

The Ford 6.2, that motor is a joke. 411hp (behind GM's 414hp and now 420hp with the new DI 6.2) and is a freaking gas hog. The Raptor only gets 12 city / 17 highway with the 6.2, GM's trucks get 14c / 20h on the old 6.2 2008-2013 trucks, I have a new 2014 Sierra with the 6.2 rated at 15c / 21h and it getting better than that in the city and almost 21 on the highway.

Don't get me wrong, I really like some of Fords styling on the new F150, but I don't buy into Ford is leaps and bounds ahead of GM in technology and or performance.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If BB's pet store went out of business, would the govt pay her to keep it open?
If VM's computer consulting closed, would the govt pay him to keep it open?
If JB's law office ran out of money, would the govt pay him to keep it going?
I think not!

"If JB's law office ran out of money"? Get real!

Latest posts

Top Bottom