Yeppers.....GM Still Sucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, please. If you do the suspension work to the Chebbie to get it to do what the Raptor does, its tow rating will be far below its stock rating, just like the Raptor's tow rating is far below the FX4's. There are trade-offs to everything.

LOL Have you ever built an offroad truck?
You do realize a Raptor is nothing but an F150 with a 6.2, some better A arms and Fox shocks. Plus 4.10 gears and selectable lockers.... Pretty simple stuff and can be done to most any truck fairly cheep.
The rest is just looks and bells and whistles, adds nothing to prefirmance.
The New 1/2 ton 6.2 GM has a tow rating of 12k lbs. So even if it lost a little, it would still stay well over the 6000 mark set by the Raptor.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FX4 for the win. Best looking trucks out there.

Attachments

• image-2685408637.jpg
    image-2685408637.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 86

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great looking truck. Inside however. Cant get over the darn console shift. Heck the xlt trim is the way to go. You get two more cup holders!!

No way man. Had an XLT before this one and the interior killed me. I love the cowboy Cadillac! Hell I have 8 cup holders in mine already, 4 of which are in the front lol

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you? If it's really that easy, why hasn't GM done it?

Actually yes, up until a few years ago off road trucks was a big hobby of mine. Actually beefed up a Pathfinder a little earlier this year as my ranch truck in Mexico. It's about to come home and get all new trailing arms and huge strut and A arm and shock upgrades.
As far as GM, they have. It's called the Silverado ZR2, it came out in 2009 pumping out 550hp and higher clearance and travel than the raptor. Why don't you see them though??? Cause what was the point of producing such a truck with such a high price tag and no real usability? They built the truck, showed they can produce a better more powerful desert runner then moved on to more important things. But guess what? There are talks of them going ahead and producing the truck now to knock the Craptor down a peg of two.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great looking truck. Inside however. Cant get over the darn console shift. Heck the xlt trim is the way to go. You get two more cup holders!!

Hell no! Love the console shifter on the light duty trucks. If you want a work truck, buy a heavy duty. The half ton crew cabs have become luxury, do it all vehicles.

soonerbulldog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please explain the benefit of console shift ? All it does is take up valuable space. Every time I ride I. One you fight for place to put your drink, cell pens etc. It's beyond foolish to put a console shift in a truck.

gearys 5600

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both of my trucks are diesels, so I cant get into the Chevy vs Ford gas engine battles. I do know that the Chevy LS based trucks outlasts all other v-8 gas trucks IMHO. I have seen several over 400k miles and tons of them over 300k miles with routine maintenance.
Stock for stock on Chevy vs ford performance cars...Chevy needs to step it up !! I have watched bone stock new 302 mustangs embarrass SS Camaros and Shelby Gt500 Mustangs embarrass the new ZL1 Camaro.

I restore and collect classic cars..Every one of them are Chevrolets.

I was born and raised a Chevrolet fan. since the Obama bailout I have not bought a Chevrolet and probably wont ever again.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please explain the benefit of console shift ? All it does is take up valuable space. Every time I ride I. One you fight for place to put your drink, cell pens etc. It's beyond foolish to put a console shift in a truck.

I love it. I think it makes the truck flow better and looks better than the cheap fold down console thing. Mine is a 2012 and find space for anything is definitely not a problem. My only complaint is the center console is so stinking deep, things almost get lost in there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom