Yes, I'm going there!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're cool with things like who can get married being decided by a majority vote, I say that's fine, as long as you are also OK with what will happen when you are no longer in the majority.

The truth is that no one's liberty is safe under this kind of system.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Unfortunately, rights are an elevated form of privileges. They shouldn't be, but they can be granted, denied, and removed, as we all know, at any given time.

Actually have to agree with you there. Rights are an illusion. They tend to disappear when they become inconvenient for those in power.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're cool with things like who can get married being decided by a majority vote, I say that's fine, as long as you are also OK with what will happen when you are no longer in the majority.

The truth is that no one's liberty is safe under this kind of system.
Quotable.

I try and point this out to my Christian brothers and sisters, and most of them just can't comprehend the idea that they will ever be a minority. Sad.

Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take a different approach, remind them of why we revolted against King George III. Taxes and tyranny aside, we're not so much founded "on" religion as much as we're founded on the tolerance of it, or lack there of. There is nothing more patriotic than tolerance.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Accepting an OC license is granting a privilege. Marriage is a common-law right.
Is there a difference between privileges and rights?

OC is a license / marriage is a license, as in gays having the right to marry. Humans have selected a mate since the beginning, there was no marriage or marriage license.. Marriage is a religious institution in which the gubiment has design a way to tax and benefit from it.

I have no problem with 2 or more people getting married. I have a problem with the gubiment involvement, dictating which group or individual will / will not benefit.
ie; tax code, mandating inclusion.

I had a 7th grade teacher who was gay. I did not find this out until after I had graduated from HS. My parents knew, but he kept his personal life PERSONAL. The 'IN YOUR FACE', WE'RE HERE AND WE'RE QUEER' Like it NOT, you will ACCEPT attitudes is what I disagree with. How it has gotten to most every show on TV MUST have their token 'GAYS'. I don't put my 'behind closed doors' life out in front of everybody and I don't want to know about theirs.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought the United States was a Constitutional Republic, specifically to protect the rights of the minority against a majority vote? I guess that is being eroded as we slowly transition into a Democracy.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I thought the United States was a Constitutional Republic, specifically to protect the rights of the minority against a majority vote? I guess that is being eroded as we slowly transition into a Democracy.

you would be surprised how many people in this country don't know this. I would guess 90%-95% of Americans think this is a democracy and has always been a democracy.

The word democracy is over-used by the media.

Latest posts

Top Bottom