Yes, I'm going there!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'd add that it is your right to raise your own children as you see fit as long as you are not abusing them.

I never understood the concept of home schooling. Personally, I wouldn't do it, simply because of what I perceive to be the lack of socialization. However, it's not my place to tell anyone how to raise their kids.
I don't homeschool. I simply try to teach the basic morals I was taught, which I know I'm likely to get flak for this one, that came on the bible. I know it's not cool these days but I think the book still has value to me. That said, I have never, nor will I ever, taught my kids to discriminate against anyone. As of yet they don't really know the concept yet as far as I know. I just said that I won't teach them that homosexuality is moral or normal, nothing more.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't homeschool. I simply try to teach the basic morals I was taught, which I know I'm likely to get flak for this one, that came on the bible. I know it's not cool these days but I think the book still has value to me. That said, I have never, nor will I ever, taught my kids to discriminate against anyone. As of yet they don't really know the concept yet as far as I know. I just said that I won't teach them that homosexuality is moral or normal, nothing more.

Since you don't homeschool, I'll assume public school then, do you approve of open acceptance of homosexuality in schools?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're right, I don't, but if you want to openly admit you teach your kids intolerance, than expect to be criticized just as you would if you taught your kids that blacks are an inferior people.

Oh, crap, I'm gonna go get my crying towel now.....that really hurt. I feel like such a ..a.... victim.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Since you don't homeschool, I'll assume public school then, do you approve of open acceptance of homosexuality in schools?

Acceptance? Sure, at the student level. I don't actually have a problem with people who are gay. I know plenty of people that I like personally but disagree with their lifestyles for whatever reason. I just don't take part in that part of their life is all. My brother is an alcoholic. I don't judge him for it but I don't let him get blasted at my house in front of my kids. Otherwise he's always welcome in my home. Maybe that's not the best comparison but that's what I'm getting at.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Acceptance? Sure, at the student level. I don't actually have a problem with people who are gay. I know plenty of people that I like personally but disagree with their lifestyles for whatever reason. I just don't take part in that part of their life is all. My brother is an alcoholic. I don't judge him for it but I don't let him get blasted at my house in front of my kids. Otherwise he's always welcome in my home. Maybe that's not the best comparison but that's what I'm getting at.

gotta ask, by this do you mean no teachers?

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
tol·er·ate
/ˈtäləˌrāt/
Verb
Allow the existence, occurrence, or practice of (something that one does not necessarily like or agree with) without interference.
Accept or endure (someone or something unpleasant or disliked) with forbearance.
Synonyms
endure - bear - suffer - stand - support - abide

This is what I'm doing and nothing more. Can the other side say the same?

Latest posts

Top Bottom