Yes, I'm going there!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK - so the Fed shouldn't be in the marriage bidness. Two gays marrying each other won't affect my marriage, or life. Fair enough.

So now that we're all happy with that, how do you feel about the state telling business they must not discriminate against such unions? (like the Denver bakery that refused to bake the cake, perhaps Hobby Lobby, or some similar company that decides not to offer marriage benefits to gay couples employed there)

How is this any different than OK law granting OC license and then a business posting signs against? They have the right to refuse service, just as I have the right to refuse patronage.

I wanted a cake with a deer and hunter on it. Bakery A says they do not support killing of animals and will not make the cake. Bakery B is more than glad to create the cake of my dreams and take my money. So I decide to sue Bakery A and force them to make my cake? or send all the business I can to Bakery B and tell friends / family why they should promote Bakery B and avoid Bakery A?

A church refuses to acknowledge the union or perform the ceremony - GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.
Don't like the policies of the Boy Scouts - DON"T JOIN or SUPPORT them.
Gubiment stay out of my life. Protect the shores, the Constitution, and deliver the mail.

As stated earlier about stopping a murder or suicide - totally different situation. Murder is 1 person affecting another's life and should be intervened. Suicide is a personal decision, yes it will have an effect the people in their life, but it is a personal decision about oneself. A permanent decision to a temporary problem, in most cases. While some intervention may be warranted or considered, that person will make the final decision.

You don't have to agree with my views, just as I don't agree with everything. If it doesn't effect you or harm you, stay out of it. I do not force my belief on you, do not force yours on me. We can agree to mutually respect the others belief and find some compatible ground.

Latest posts

Top Bottom