Yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Other than the color, what makes them different? Is a carpsucker the same as a sucker we see in the trout streams in Missouri?
Several different species of suckers, some of the most common in Eastern streams can be White Suckers, Redhorse, River Carpsucker, Golden Redhorse. I'm just giving an educated guess that its a Carpsucker. Cant tell in the pic if it has the small whiskers that a common carp has. But the mouth is more turned down like a Carpsucker.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty light colored for a carp from my area. Of course, the water is always muddy. Could it be a Buffalo? They take on a more silver color.
Never the less, I'll bet he had fun on that light line.
Love the duct tape glove:D

I just said carp, could be a buffalo, I don't know for sure, I do know it wasn't a Drum like Jason thought. He had a cut on his hand so he wrapped it up with duct tape. He had 6 lb test I believe on his spinning rod.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks more like a buffalo to me. Been a long time since I've eaten any but best I remember, it was pretty good. We caught them below Tenkiller.

Latest posts

Top Bottom