Your favorite .22lr pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always wanted a Walther TPH, but my Buckmark is my favorite. :)

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_CIMG2749.jpg

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I always wanted a Walther TPH, but my Buckmark is my favorite. :)

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_CIMG2749.jpg

Stick with that. As nice as the little TPH is, I would look around for a PP or PPK/s in .22lr. You'll be alot happier. Besides if you look around on SimpsonLTD you'll find plenty of .22lr PP's for sale. Even though some will say his prices are high, look at what folks on GB are asking for them. Simpson's is somewhat lower, and with them you know what your getting.

Kozmos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My favorite is the only one I've ever had. Last year production MK I 5-1/2" Bull. It's only had 1 FTF and that was right after I disassembled it for cleaning a few years ago (the one and only time it's been taken apart and what a PITA to re-assemble). It's been perfect since then. I can't imagine how many thousands of rounds have gone down the tube. My dad bought it new and has since given it to me.
ai227.photobucket.com_albums_dd191_sixshiners_toys_DSC01337.jpg

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is that ruger picky about the ammo it shoots? My Mk I from 1958 surely is.

B.

have you detail striped and cleaned it yet? if not you need to, not necessary to detail strip the frame but you 'must' detail strip the slide and thoroughly clean it.. I've never heard of a Mark series being picky about ammo, thing about 22's is they're very dirty as they don't burn all the powder, so they need to be cleaned every now and again, if you're unsure about striping it goto youtube for a vid..

tacoma

Marksman
Reaction score
Lat year I bought the S&W 63-5 revolver. This is the J Frame, sweet. Gun. I did have some hi viz sites installed and put on some Hogue grips.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For years it was my old buckmark. It still holds a special place in my heart.
But recently I swapped for a s&w 617 that after running a couple thousand rounds through has become my go to plinker.
I really don't have a 22lr that I'm not fond of though. They all have a time and a for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom