Your Favorite Hunting Equipment Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
imhntn: I'm glad you like that sweater because I have almost bought one a couple times. The thing that steered me away was "dry clean only". might have to reconsider if they are that good. I did get some Berber fleece from Cabelas this year and it is great stuff. Super warm and very quiet.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
awww.leethacker.com_images_39zhi82q4kxncai53zgd.gif

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm tempted to get that too, I hate being cold. Usually it's my feet that get the coldest, got anything for that, sir?

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_97241_500003001_500000000_500003000_500-3-1
I've got these and love'em. They are the most comfortable boot I've ever put on. Warm as hell and dont weigh a ton. They are a little costly. But its just like anything else. How warm, how much support and how comfortable do you want to be? As much time in the woods as I spend this time of year and in late winter. They are worth every penny.
I never could wear rubber boots. I need better support over the rough terrain for where I hunt.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This isn't really equipment but I tried it this year and DANG!!!! It has worked awesome for me. No its not a guarantee but I have never seen so many bucks in the stand where I have been using it. A spike, forked horn and 4 different 8 pointers including the one my wife shot. I put out acor rage and the c'mere deer. A little eight come straigt to the c'mere deer and tore it up then he noticed the acorn rage and ate a ton of it. I think the acorn rage may have the nutritional value but the c'mere deer brings the bucks in. I only seen one doe come in and the little 8 ran her off. Some people say its cheating but I only get a few days a year to hunt I will take every advantage I can get.

http://www.cmeredeer.com/

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 to what Spartacus said on the boots. They are great. I also find that if I can keep my head warm and wear bibs to keep my middle warm, my feet will stay warm also. I really use the polypropelene full face mask all the time for predator calling, deer hunting, ducks, etc. If it is cold I wear it and stay warm. I just roll it up on my head like a stocking cap when walking. Most of my cold weather hunting photos include it.
ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_LonniesBuck001.jpg

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This isn't really equipment but I tried it this year and DANG!!!! It has worked awesome for me. No its not a guarantee but I have never seen so many bucks in the stand where I have been using it. A spike, forked horn and 4 different 8 pointers including the one my wife shot. I put out acor rage and the c'mere deer. A little eight come straigt to the c'mere deer and tore it up then he noticed the acorn rage and ate a ton of it. I think the acorn rage may have the nutritional value but the c'mere deer brings the bucks in. I only seen one doe come in and the little 8 ran her off. Some people say its cheating but I only get a few days a year to hunt I will take every advantage I can get.

http://www.cmeredeer.com/

Do you put it out the morning of or just prior to the hunt? Or do you put it down every now and then?

I'm just wondering if the scent gets them to you or if they're already traveling that direction anyway.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you put it out the morning of or just prior to the hunt? Or do you put it down every now and then?

I'm just wondering if the scent gets them to you or if they're already traveling that direction anyway.

Mad I don't get to hunt enough to be for sure. There is a corn feeder there but.... I have never seen this many bucks come in to the area. They always walk right pass the corn straight to the pile of Cmere deer. I can't say for sure it is the cmere deer but in my mind it brings the bucks in. Of course they have to be in the area. I just pour it out whenever I go into the stand. I think maybe it serves the same priciple as a corn feeder except they like it alot better. For 20 bucks grab a jug and make your own conclusions....can't hurt for sure.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread.

Anyone got some cool gear for this season? I'm pretty much set but am looking at a Badlands Superday backpack. Those things look suuuhhh-weet!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom