Your Favorite Sippin' Liquors / Spirits?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been on a keto diet [ultra low carb] now for about 5 weeks and about the only thing I miss is a nice frosty beer [12 pack] after working in the yard this time of year.

Looks like i can have various spirits without screwing my diet up and curious if any of you have recommendations on what to drink neat? I'm not much of a drinker but like to catch a buzz from time to time and my experience is limited to basic jack's and jim's and crown royals. I bought some makers mark yesterday and didn't really care for it. Also got some hornitos tequila as recommended by my father in law and actually think it tastes better than any bourbon i have had.

Interested in learning something about the finer things in life lol.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These are my sippin' spirits.....just my :twocents:.

There are a lot of fine and average spirits out there but getting advice and watching youtube reviews varies with the individual...here goes.

Jack Daniels: Tennessee/Lincoln County Method
Gentleman Jack
Master Distiller
Barrel Proof
Single Barrel Barrel Proof....132proof....yes it is good....sip it or it will take your breath away.
Gold#27...double mellowed/double barreled

George Dickel: Tennessee/Lincoln County Method

George Dickel #12.....LOVE THIS STUFF

Kentucky Bourbon:

Col. E.H. Williams ...small batch and single barrel-when you can find it.

Evan Williams Single Barrel

Maker's Mark....just the regular not the others.

Jim Beam.....Knob Creek.......all of them.

Elijah Craig.......Barrel Proof...124proof. I have 3 bottles of B517, Whiskey Advocates bourbon of the year 2017. I believe I bought the last 3 bottles in OKC.

Henry McKenna Single Barrel

Larceny

Parker's Heritage Collection

Blanton's.......when you can find it.

Jefferson's Ocean Aged

Buffalo Trace

Eagle Rare

Weller 12 year old when you can find it.

So far glancing at my in home bar...this is what I have.

Pappy van and rip van.............don't believe the hype.

Now days ...whith the bourbon/whiskey craze....finding then at a REASONABLE price is almost impossible....then the shortages...it's crazy!!! Good Luck!!!

Just an FYI....go to a few bars and sample....like Trappers and their bourbon club. Take a little notebook and when you get a drink...rate it...so when your in the liquor store you'll remember what to buy and what to avoid.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My top three for bourbons that won't hurt your wallet are...

Elijah Craig Small Batch
Evan Williams White Label Bottled In Bond

I tried Knob Creek 100 and liked it. I'm also a big fan of the Weller Antique 107 if you can find it.

I tend to like the higher proofed stuff and have heard a lot of good things about the Henry McKenna 10 year BIB and other 100 proof bourbons that I have yet to try.

A lot of people like Wild Turkey 101 but I found it a little too sweet for my tastes.

For an inexpensive blended scotch with some peat I like Teacher's Highland Cream.

If you want something real easy to drink you might want to go with an Irish whiskey
There's Jameson and Bushmills for starters. I've heard the Jameson Caskmates, Stout and IPA barrel finished, are very good.

Good luck on your journey!

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great list there. I don't have the cash @Cohiba does, so I can't drink much of the "higher end" ones, but his list is very good. My most common ones lately:

Elijah Craig
Jameson Caskmates Stout Edition (also IPA Edition)
Eagle Rare
Buffalo Trace

These are the more everyday kind of ones I do. I keep a few bottles in the back of the cabinet for when I'm feeling more "special" - like my last day at my job (last week), stuff like that -

Blanton's
The Balvenie 1993 Portwood
Macallan 12
Glenmorangie Extremely Rare (I think that was what it was?)

okmedic

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Favorite is Balvenie 14 year Caribbean Cask. And yes, my fav is the least exp of the two. BY FAR!!
iu

Next is Glenmorangie Signet, however Glenmorangie puts out some outstanding others. Sherry Cask, Port Casks, and wine casks.. Just depends on your flavor of the evening.
iu

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom