Your Favorite Sippin' Liquors / Spirits?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARnut

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been on a keto diet [ultra low carb] now for about 5 weeks and about the only thing I miss is a nice frosty beer [12 pack] after working in the yard this time of year.

Looks like i can have various spirits without screwing my diet up and curious if any of you have recommendations on what to drink neat? I'm not much of a drinker but like to catch a buzz from time to time and my experience is limited to basic jack's and jim's and crown royals. I bought some makers mark yesterday and didn't really care for it. Also got some hornitos tequila as recommended by my father in law and actually think it tastes better than any bourbon i have had.

Interested in learning something about the finer things in life lol.

Be cautious at first drinking while on keto. It will hit you harder and faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now if you like wine....sweet wine.....not the stuff(expensive or not) that tastes like dirt, dry grass, and tree leaves but a nice sweet wine here's what my wife buys and we drink. With food or drinks with friends.....either or.

[Broken External Image]

There is a winery half way between the Oklahoma border and Wichita that makes GREAT wine. We buy a case or two of their sand plum wine and give it as Christmas presents......people love it....it is very good!!!
http://www.wyldewoodcellars.com/our-wines.html

Last edited:

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you like rum( I'm not much of a rum drinker) and go on vacation to Mexico or South of the American Border I really like the Cuban rum, Havana Club. I usually buy a bottle or two and give them as presents but this time I purchased it for myself and like it!!

It is good by itself or great with cigars....

7 year old....plum, raisin, honey, molasses, dark sugar.......... taste.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last one:

Tequila....not much of an aficionado...but when we have gone to Mexico they serve it and that's how we got to know it.

El Jimador....Reposado.....sip or mix.

As for Mezcal.......yes you can sip it. The QUALITY ones...not the worm or scorpion, college boys, spring break stuff.

I like Union Mezcal.

[Broken External Image]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That's exactly how you sip....NOT SHOOT.....sip mescal.
Orange slice and Sal de Gusano(yes you can order it). I sprinkle a very small amount of the Sal/salt on the orange slice, sip the mescal and bite a small amount of the orange(no orange peel like the picture).

I'm sure others will tell of better or a more refined sippin' mezcal, but this is the one I drink when I want mezcal.

Last edited:

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you like rum( I'm not much of a rum drinker) and go on vacation to Mexico or South of the American Border I really like the Cuban rum, Havana Club. I usually buy a bottle or two and give them as presents but this time I purchased it for myself and like it!!

It is good by itself or great with cigars....

7 year old....plum, raisin, honey, molasses, dark sugar.......... taste.

i switched over to rum last night to give it a try and it was delicious. I had a big bottle of Kraken spiced rum that was given to me years ago and I liked it. Had a sweetness that i found pleasant. Also made me feel like a pirate which is always a good thing. I will buy a few other brands to try the next time i go to the liquor store.

Latest posts

Top Bottom