Your Favorite Sippin' Liquors / Spirits?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pritch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Cuban family member introduced me to Havana Club. I was amazed that a rum could be sippable, like fine bourbon or single malt scotch. Mount Gay also fits in this category, without an obligatory trip to Canada or Mexico, or funding the Castros.

If you like rum( I'm not much of a rum drinker) and go on vacation to Mexico or South of the American Border I really like the Cuban rum, Havana Club. I usually buy a bottle or two and give them as presents but this time I purchased it for myself and like it!!

It is good by itself or great with cigars....

7 year old....plum, raisin, honey, molasses, dark sugar.......... taste.

Last edited:

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am still working on this bottle at a really slow pace.
ca44f5033f2b2d25436605ad180c1a6c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now if you like wine....sweet wine.....not the stuff(expensive or not) that tastes like dirt, dry grass, and tree leaves but a nice sweet wine here's what my wife buys and we drink. With food or drinks with friends.....either or.

[Broken External Image]

There is a winery half way between the Oklahoma border and Wichita that makes GREAT wine. We buy a case or two of their sand plum wine and give it as Christmas presents......people love it....it is very good!!!
http://www.wyldewoodcellars.com/our-wines.html
Most of the wine that I drink, I make at home. However, I do enjoy trying different types of wine, I may have to make a road trip.
By the way the dirt taste, is tannin. Tannin is in dry wines, it makes the foods taste better that you are having with the wine. Tannin is also in black tea, try drinking a cup of hot black tea with breakfast.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand the composition of most alcohols...I just can't stand ; Scotch and most non-sweet wine.

I do drink...usually a gallon to 3/4 of a gallon of ...it must be brewed....ice tea....every day.

One time in Houston my wife and I went to a "fancy" wine tasting. OMG....that wine was horrible to me and my wife but loved and admired by the others.

I stated...kinda in a loud voice...is there any Mogan David 20/20 here. You could have heard a pin drop!!!

Last edited:

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand the composition of most alcohols...I just can't stand ; Scotch and most non-sweet wine.

I do drink...usually a gallon to 3/4 of a gallon of ...it must be brewed....ice tea....every day.

One time in Houston my wife and I went to a "fancy" wine tasting. OMG....that wine was horrible to me and my wife but loved and admired by the others.

I stated...kinda in a loud voice...is there any Logan David 20/20 here. You could have heard a pin drop!!!
try a nice tawny port or a Pinot Grigio.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The best wine I ever had was a Niersteiner-Hipping Gewürztraminer Auslese, 1976 vintage. I bought it (Around 1983) not knowing anything about it other than it was a sweet red wine. YUM! It lasted about two hours.

About a year later, while perusing the wine collection of an acquaintance, I stumbled upon another bottle of it in his rack. I told the guy how good it was and we popped the cork and it was gone in less than an hour.

Sure would like to find more of it! (Any vintage!)

Woody

EDIT / CORRECTION:

That wine is actually a white wine even though it is made out of red grapes. They must peel the grapes before they crush them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom