Your level of training and experience.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have firearms training?

• I have only military or LEO training

Votes: 33 17.3%
  • I have sought and bought training on my own as a civilian

Votes: 45 23.6%
  • I have military/LEO training and sought further training on my own

Votes: 58 30.4%
  • I have no formal training. Competition does not count.

Votes: 55 28.8%

• Total voters

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am curios as to the level of training that the members here have. I have been shooting for years and very serious about firearms and shooting for the last 4 years, but have never had any formal training. I have shot a handful of competitions but I don't consider that training necessarily. So a simple poll will help figure out how many of us actually have taken the time and money to seek professional training. Military experience should count here as well as LEO. I am guessing that is where the bulk of trained civilians will come from is the ex military guys and LEO.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have bought training classes but it is just the beginning.
It would be years of multiple training classes per year before I would say that I have been trained.

I understand your thoughts exactly. I was just curious to the number of OSA members that have sought actual training not necessary to do their job. Like military and LEO. One class 10 years ago will probably not mean much today. However it does show some willingness to get out there and learn what is needed to handle yourself in a high stress situation. I hope to be taking something like the aim fast hit fast course in the next year or so. Money is tight.

.45Fats

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you missed the options for me...
"I have thus far managed not to shoot myself and consider that to be more than adequate"
or
"Range? you mean the place I went to take that class...you can go back???"

zoomaster1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took the Intermideate Concealed Carry class from Carry Legal. Would like to take other classes, but money is tough to come by these days. Other than that,I have no other training besides I try to get to the range 1-2 times a month.

Latest posts

Top Bottom