Your level of training and experience.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have firearms training?

• I have only military or LEO training

Votes: 33 17.3%
  • I have sought and bought training on my own as a civilian

Votes: 45 23.6%
  • I have military/LEO training and sought further training on my own

Votes: 58 30.4%
  • I have no formal training. Competition does not count.

Votes: 55 28.8%

• Total voters

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Voted sought more training. I took several 1 day classes , dont train as much as Id like .
I read and study as much as i can.
I have a co2 powered air soft that I train with at home.... grip, muscle memory, sight picture, aquiring the sight, moving off the X
Im capable ...but not nearly as competent as I would like to be.

kgoodrich

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Training. There are many diffrent kinds of training. Juggling is a good one and builds hand eye cordination. First person shooters is also good and no we do not count halo. Boy scouts is also another good one for some basics. Field guides and manuals or how to's in survival and tactics. You want a crash corse in basic tactics like breaching doors play modern war fare. For civilians other than classes the training listed is about as good as you can get. Also including cleet! One dose not know how one will do tell he or she is left to survive in the suck! Do all you can to read and learn but basics in tactics is fundemental!

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
1976 to 1997 US Army first ten years 11C30 Infantry Mortars, last ten Ordnance munitions, 1997 to 2001 LEO with Handgun level II, III. SERT, Advanced Officer Survival, Advanced EVOC. 2001 to 2003 Fed. Security CDC Atlanta. 2003 to 2004 Munitions operations McAlester Army Depot. 2004 to 2006 Iraq as Explosive's Safety Officer. 20+ years studying Shotokan Karate. Since 2006 most of all my training has come to a halt due to injuries received while working in Iraq.

Latest posts

Top Bottom