Your perception of tattoos and people who have them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt that people that tattoo themselves really care what the rest of us think about it.

We don't :)

Not in a bad way. I did not get them for anybody else but me. I understand people will look at me differently, but it's just like anything else in life, one should not judge a person until they know them.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Not in a bad way. I did not get them for anybody else but me. I understand people will look at me differently, but it's just like anything else in life, one should not judge a person until they know them.

This. However, I am able to admit that tats and piercings are not the only way I show this. :D I've always been a square peg trying to fit it a round hole ... I just want what I want ... and I learned a long time ago that doing (or not doing) something to please somebody else is, especially when you are dealing with men, a short road to being miserable ... :lookaroun WHAT?!?!!? :D (Tell me you guys don't know girls that treat men the same way ... Yeah ... You know what I'm talking about ...)

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt that people that tattoo themselves really care what the rest of us think about it.

Typical folks who get tattoos probably don't, but this new attention-whore generation of being different by being just like everyone else (I'm talking mostly to the Jersey-shore generation with gothic-font/gangster looking tats that say "YOLO")...

man, they care. That's all they care about.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

heck, you get judged if you own a gun, drive a truck and not a car, wear a uniform vs a suit to work...with or without a tat...people are always just looking for reasons to judge others. I pity people that make choices in life in fear of what other's will think.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am tattooed probably 65-70% of my body, from neck to ankle, all professionally applied and totally custom work. I used to not care what anybody thought of me or them. And for me its not a 'fad', or a 'phase'- Ive been getting them since the late 80s. I also have been heavily involved in the industry the last 25 years as an artist and now as a co-owner of several shops in 2 states. I remember when I got my first professional tattoo at 18 on my upper arm and how I just had to show it off to whomever. Over the years though as I have become more and more covered- both arms fully sleeved, neck, torso, legs, multiple piercings, etc- I have started doing just the opposite, covering up most of the time, even though even with long sleeves on you can still see them at my wrists and on my neck so I guess Im never really ever fully covered up. I just feel less inclined to want to show them off these days because of how I feel I am percieved by alot of people here in the midwest. When back home in California though Im more relaxed with it and dont feel as 'judged' as it seems to be more common there to be so covered. Still, as some would say, get to know a person before you judge them, we may look like it but we're not all scumbags, some of us are pretty well off.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tattoos tell me what kind of decisions the "Owner" makes...

That generally doesn't bother me unless it directly effects me.

Tattoos on girls is an immediate turn-off for me.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Suicide Girls are Hot! :D

That said, I profile people based on the QUALITY of their tats, not the size or number. If your tat looks like it came from Cellblock 6 or the bowels of a heroin den, I'm gonna keep my eye on you, and not in a good way!

If you've got tats that look like they cost you time, money and not a fair amount of thoughtful reflection, I'll appreciate the ink for the art it is. If you're a cute chick and I see nice tats, I'm really wondering what you have concealed! :D

Is that wrong?

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't really care what people want to do with their body. I do however think that getting tattoos on ones face can severely impact your ability to find good employment.

Suicide Girls are Hot! :D

That said, I profile people based on the QUALITY of their tats, not the size or number. If your tat looks like it came from Cellblock 6 or the bowels of a heroin den, I'm gonna keep my eye on you, and not in a good way!

If you've got tats that look like they cost you time, money and not a fair amount of thoughtful reflection, I'll appreciate the ink for the art it is. If you're a cute chick and I see nice tats, I'm really wondering what you have concealed! :D

Is that wrong?

Bingo.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't really care what people want to do with their body. I do however think that getting tattoos on ones face can severely impact your ability to find good employment.

I agree. I can keep mine covered at work. I don't have the greatest job ever, but it's decent and I enjoy it. I would not be working here if I had face tattoos.

Latest posts

Top Bottom