You've Got To Be Freaking Kidding Me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you stupid dude? The kids test scores shot up with this program, are you going to bash on this just because your one of the ill tolerant rednecks here in oklahoma and texas and you dont like rap and hip hop? Shut the hell up and lets encourage something that is improving our academic scores here in America.:patriot:

Yeah, pretty stupid.

And yes, I'm going to bash on this, redneck and all. Teaching kids a bullsh*t method of "grammar" from a source that stems from social erosion must make us the envy of the world.

So since we're going to generalize, pull up your pants, and put your hat on straight, look in the mirror and figure out you ain't gansta, cuz.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw that story on OKC's channel 9 this morning. Having been a school board member at one time, it really got my blood boiling. I can't think of anything that would do a better job of setting children back so far that "hillbilly" would be a compliment.

(Not bashing hillbillies here, just an analogy.)

And, to top things off, they want us to pass State Question 744 so they can REALLY screw up education. I have long had an opinion that teacher's unions are the work of the devil.

:soapbox:

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After reviewing that site, I have come to the conclusion they are weak MC's, approaching with slang that's dead. They might as well run into a wall and bang their head. I'm pushin' force, my force your doubtin'. I'm makin' devils cower to the Caucus Mountains.

Studying the history of hip-hop? Give me a break. Not until we teach spaghetti westerns and the history of hard rock should this be allowed. It saddens me there are children who don't know who Sergio Leone is, or the name of the venue in which Kieth Moon passed out live on stage.

It doesn't seem like an effective way to learn vocabulary to me. Vocabulary without grammar has limited value. Even the rapper Bun B himself said it better than I can: "Go read a book you illiterate son of a ***** and step up yo' vocab."

Bill of Rights

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^Agreed. It would be different if they set the microphone on fiyah, or if their rap styles varied and carried like Mariah.

It's unfortunate that people think their children are so weak that exposure to some pretty mellow rap music is going to turn them crazy or antisocial somehow. This has to be the most backward and closed-minded thread here yet. Can anyone even cite an offensive lyric in this program?

What's the point of trying to isolate your children from the existence of this music? So they can go on to discover it later in life, without your guidance? Like Chef said, "There's a time and place for everything, and it's called college."

When I was in college, I had some friends...I'm not saying who...who loooooooo-ooo-oo-oo-ooved to prey on the girls who were this sheltered. Hey. It wasn't me. :burnout:

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I know ... thank GAWD I am an old white woman ... I have said for years that the middle class white American male is the most discriminated against species on the planet.

I gotta stop now or I am gonna get in trouble ... :fullauto:

I have very few "hot button" issues ... Just in case you hadn't noticed, this is one of them ...

lol, I think I like you!

It's sad but racism is alive and well and extends in EVERY direction. I kinda wish people still had the nads to come out and just say what they mean and feel like they used to. This way we would know our enemy(of all races).

I take a LOT of flack for kicking music out of jukeboxes that include the "N" word. I DON'T CARE HOW SLANG YOU PRONOUNCE IT!

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's unfortunate that people think their children are so weak that exposure to some pretty mellow rap music is going to turn them crazy or antisocial somehow.

I don't think that, but I do think it's pretty lame and ineffectual. But it's school, so that's par for the course.

And it might encourage poor taste in music, which is one of the greatest threats America faces today.

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^Agreed. It would be different if they set the microphone on fiyah, or if their rap styles varied and carried like Mariah.

It's unfortunate that people think their children are so weak that exposure to some pretty mellow rap music is going to turn them crazy or antisocial somehow. This has to be the most backward and closed-minded thread here yet. Can anyone even cite an offensive lyric in this program?

What's the point of trying to isolate your children from the existence of this music? So they can go on to discover it later in life, without your guidance? Like Chef said, "There's a time and place for everything, and it's called college."

When I was in college, I had some friends...I'm not saying who...who loooooooo-ooo-oo-oo-ooved to prey on the girls who were this sheltered. Hey. It wasn't me. :burnout:

Yeah don't wait until later in life for them to discover it. Have a figure of leadership and power teach it to them now! How is not wanting your children learning from "old dead white guy" wrong? If that's close minded, I'm jumping ON the bus!!!

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, pretty stupid.

And yes, I'm going to bash on this, redneck and all. Teaching kids a bullsh*t method of "grammar" from a source that stems from social erosion must make us the envy of the world.

So since we're going to generalize, pull up your pants, and put your hat on straight, look in the mirror and figure out you ain't gansta, cuz.

What this man said.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It's not about children being weak, it is about children being IMPRESSIONABLE.

I didn't let my kids hang around serial killers, child molesters, drunkards and druggies either. Guess I am never gonna be a good liberal ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom