Zombie Apocalypse: Initial Government Response

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what is wrong with us as a country today. This PC crap has ruined us.

When Kennedy was shot, they put the nuke button pushers on high alert for 60 minutes while they tried to decide if Russia was behind the assassination. They(the US government) was going to basically put and end to man kind in this hemisphere because Russia had the gall to assassinate our president. That was there thinking.

They don't make governments like they use to.

Nowadays it is lets not single out the Zombie demographic they may be able to vote one day.

I am gonna start a new group, I would be obliged if some of you people could donate some money to get it off the ground. JB this includes you too.

It is going to be called "Oklahomans for Zombies Suffrage"

PS: I would also like it to be known that I am biting my tongue to keep from asking a tongue and cheek question. I have a fear that it will get JB's thread locked. Out of respect for him I will keep it to my self. Gawd... Now I am PC... Suffice it to say that the question involves JBTs, Zombies Dogs, and butt hurt.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Epidemics and pandemics are impossible to isolate these days. When a case of Ebola pops up in some remote, VERY remote village in Africa it's not just one village it's several. Even with the fastest response, in the most remote areas in the world with the slowest methods of transportation these diseases have already spread to multiple villages by the time the CDC or WHO get there. Now imagine what happens in a modern area. We've seen it with SARs, the flu and a half dozen others just in the last 50 years but with a theoretical disease such as Zombieitis the transmission rate would be faster than anything ever seen so far, even surpassing the bubonic plague.

It wouldn't be controllable or containable, the government response would be to protect the powerful, wealthy and folks like doctors and scientists and anyone who would be needed to rebuild society after the disease runs it's course. There will be an initial attempt to contain and control but it wouldn't last long before the government pulled back into their rabbit holes to wait it out. All us average folks will be stuck to protect and care for ourselves. If any movie or television show has ever come close I'd say "Walking Dead" is a pretty good representation of what will happen.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Epidemics and pandemics are impossible to isolate these days. When a case of Ebola pops up in some remote, VERY remote village in Africa it's not just one village it's several. Even with the fastest response, in the most remote areas in the world with the slowest methods of transportation these diseases have already spread to multiple villages by the time the CDC or WHO get there. Now imagine what happens in a modern area. We've seen it with SARs, the flu and a half dozen others just in the last 50 years but with a theoretical disease such as Zombieitis the transmission rate would be faster than anything ever seen so far, even surpassing the bubonic plague.

It wouldn't be controllable or containable, the government response would be to protect the powerful, wealthy and folks like doctors and scientists and anyone who would be needed to rebuild society after the disease runs it's course. There will be an initial attempt to contain and control but it wouldn't last long before the government pulled back into their rabbit holes to wait it out. All us average folks will be stuck to protect and care for ourselves. If any movie or television show has ever come close I'd say "Walking Dead" is a pretty good representation of what will happen.

One flaw with your theory. Most of todays communicable diseases get passed thru daily interaction. One guy leaves spit on a door handle and 50 other people willingly touch the same door handle in the next 10 minutes. If Zombielore is accurate it will be passed thru biting. I am pretty damn sure after the first person walks up to the Zombie and gets their face bit off, the next 50 are not going to willingly walk up to that Zombie and get their face bit off.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
One flaw with your theory. Most of todays communicable diseases get passed thru daily interaction. One guy leaves spit on a door handle and 50 other people willingly touch the same door handle in the next 10 minutes. If Zombielore is accurate it will be passed thru biting. I am pretty damn sure after the first person walks up to the Zombie and gets their face bit off, the next 50 are not going to willingly walk up to that Zombie and get their face bit off.

Scratching, biting, blood contamination. Lots of infectious splatter to worry about . Zombies are also supposedly mobile, so they don't have to wait for their food to come to them.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scratching, biting, blood contamination. Lots of infectious splatter to worry about . Zombies are also supposedly mobile, so they don't have to wait for their food to come to them.

The level of blood contamination required to infect someone is dependent on what movie we are in. In the walking dead we are all already infected just have to die.

I need to get back on topic here. I think the initial response from the government will be to relocate to bunker under the Denver airport and wait it out.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The level of blood contamination required to infect someone is dependent on what movie we are in. In the walking dead we are all already infected just have to die.

When I have questions, I turn to the gospel of Romero.
It says any amount will kill you in time, depending on proximity to the heart and on vitality/health of victim. 2 days seems to be the longest according to the prophet, but as in walking dead everyone that dies will turn.

Latest posts

Top Bottom