‘Hood Disease’ Threatens Inner City Youths

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A major problem is the self-interest of the self-proclaimed leaders of this community. They are masters at milking old wounds for maximum self-benefit, with no regard to the good of the community as a whole.

And that's how we got to this mess. Side A fighting with Side B and not noticing what's going on. Kind of a fancy Magicians trick.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Easier said than done. It's difficult to explain the resignation and hopelessness some folks have towards their lives. Many of these people exist without hope for some type of meaningful future. I'm not trying to justify or excuse bad or criminal behavior. I am just stating that there is a "why."

Unfortunately, our country lacks the political and moral will to do the hard work necessary to correct the injustices that created this situation.

At this point cutting off the supply line and forcing these folks to support themselves is the only thing that is going to work to effectively change their lives and attitudes. The saying give a man a fish and he eats for a day but teach a man to fish and eats for life has more meaning than just filling your stomach, you are also teaching someone that they are worthy and have value and can provide for themselves. But like you said our country lacks the will and want to make this happen. They will never learn without tough love and a whole different kind of education than they are receiving at this point.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At this point cutting off the supply line and forcing these folks to support themselves is the only thing that is going to work to effectively change their lives and attitudes. The saying give a man a fish and he eats for a day but teach a man to fish and eats for life has more meaning than just filling your stomach, you are also teaching someone that they are worthy and have value and can provide for themselves. But like you said our country lacks the will and want to make this happen. They will never learn without tough love and a whole different kind of education than they are receiving at this point.

I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortnately...some dont get to make it.

No matter How hard you pull those straps, if you have some.

If all those on the rolls were given a job , providing jobs are available, somewhere someone else wont have a job.

If you dont like paying someone Not to work, then stop paying taxes, or come up with a solution.

If enough stop paying ,Them will have to start listening.

Doesnt really matter , Some still dont get to make it..

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pejorative term for a real problem. Ultimately, each individual is responsible for his own actions. However, it's hard to make much of yourself when you are raised in horrible poverty and routine violence. It's easy to demonize these kids, but that won't solve the problem. Unfortunately, we lack the political will to do what is necessary to save these young people and the generations that will follow them.

OK, you've identified a problem. What do you propose to correct it that hasn't been tried in the past by LBJ and Jimmy Carter to name two?

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually ... animals ... errr ... people ... errr ... no, I'm gonna go with the first descriptor ... who shouldn't be allowed to breed are the problem ...

Your kids should come first. You have kids all that other stuff needs to go by the wayside. Don't give me the "oh woe is me I can't get out of the projects" crap ... If I can do it anybody can ...

Yah ... I know ... I'm on a roll today ... :naughty: Please feel free to tell me what a heartless ***** I am ... :)

I don't think you're heartless.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.......Quote Originally Posted by JB Books View Post

A major problem is the self-interest of the self-proclaimed leaders of this community. They are masters at milking old wounds for maximum self-benefit, with no regard to the good of the community as a whole.

To name names, Jesse Jackson, and Al Sharpton, among others have racism as a business. They are not concerned with the black community what so ever to correct any wrong doings, yet only to bring money from donations into their business.

They only comment on perceived racial issues, never on reverse discrimination.

For instance the Ivy league team that had a black stripper claim to be raped by the team, only to be found falsely accusing to gain monetary funds.

Both of the aforementioned "champions of the black community" never apologized to the white guys falsely accused.

Hate crimes of black on white never make the news. Why not?

The list can go on and I can post links for any non-believers.

Its sad when folks that are supposed to be representing a minority are in the business of making money from them.

I don't remember the name, but the guy in California that was supposed to be representing the seasonal farm workers in that state ended up getting busted for fraud or something?

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Well said.

Latest posts

Top Bottom