10-22 vs M&P15-22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did look at the Sig. It was pretty sweet.
I know the FB thing has already come up once or twice. I just kindly invite those "concerned" ( nosy, paranoid, anti gun nuts) to come over to the house any time night or day and try and find a gun in my house accessible to a child without my or dad's help.
They are all locked up in safes with an unknown combo to said child. Ammo locked in different safe with mags.

The only firearms in my house that are loaded are either on me or my husband, or locked in an individual pistol safe.

Kills me how people just assume...I'm sure in someone's mind we're one of "those" families. :)

i know the feeling all to well even though i dont have kids, i was one of those kids that grew up in the back woods where it was common to walk in the house where a gun was in 4 out of 5 rooms. from the age of 10 i was raised on gun saftey and owned, kept, stored my own firearms since i was 16. i turned out fine, but i was scared to death of my parents.... eh the good days are gone i guess lol hope he enjoys it and keeps it around, it will serve him well!

iriediver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have both and shoot the crap out of both, i have had no problems with my sw 22 and like the fact that it functions like my M4. either will be a good choice.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When your .22 is less reliable than the bulk ammo you shoot out of it, you've got a problem. Go with the 10/22 and trick it out. For the same $ you can have a tactical stock, sub 3lb trigger, cheap reflex sight, & 2 steel lip hi-cap mags.

okie headhunter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i agree,how do you want your child to shoot if it looks like an AR they will shoot it like an AR spray and pray. teach them to shoot a real rifle like it needs to be shot then add in the tactial stuff.
I would go with the ruger 10\22 or the Rem 597 there are enouph aftermarket acc's. they can bulid what ever kind of gun that is in style at the time.
but it sounds like you have a handle on things, learninig how to shoot and take care of the responsability of owning a fire arm is much more important than what you are shooting
good work mom. there a people (both sex's) that if there kid asked for a gun would send them to the shrink. again good work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom