10-22 vs M&P15-22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkivbb

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the 10/22 is a much better firearm for plinking. the only drawback is that it doesn't resemble an AR like the m&p does.

but you can make a 10/22 ten times cooler than that thing

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I second that.

Cheaper, more reliable, lots of aftermarket support. No reason to do S&W's R&D for them. The M&P15-22 has been plagued with problems.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wanting the S&W, but a friend bought it first. He said his 10-22 is a better gun. I have been shooting 10-22s for years and I like them , but I do like the AR look.

RWVA shooter

Marksman
Reaction score
I have both and find both to be fine.I had to get the MP just because of the way it fits all my AR toys.There's alot of parts for the 10 22 and you can make it look like a AR .For the price the Ruger is the cheapest But by the time you fit all the toys you can buy the AR 22.At the range the rifles shoot great neither one gave me much troblem.I put 1500 rounds each every weekend I use them at the appleseed shoots.And at 25 yards I can put 10 rounds in a 1 squares.

If you were my mom I would just love you to death .Thats if you came home with the AR......But for 450 ? Ruger 250 and a scope another 50 or more with rings another 20 then the mags 20 ...You get my point ?

Hope it helps.And when he gets to wanting to shoot either one you end up getting .Try a Appleseed shoot he'll learn alot that will make him safe and a deadeye shot.. Kids shoot for free....www.rwva.org

leadfinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have both and find both to be fine.I had to get the MP just because of the way it fits all my AR toys.There's alot of parts for the 10 22 and you can make it look like a AR .For the price the Ruger is the cheapest But by the time you fit all the toys you can buy the AR 22.At the range the rifles shoot great neither one gave me much troblem.I put 1500 rounds each every weekend I use them at the appleseed shoots.And at 25 yards I can put 10 rounds in a 1 squares.

If you were my mom I would just love you to death .Thats if you came home with the AR......But for 450 ? Ruger 250 and a scope another 50 or more with rings another 20 then the mags 20 ...You get my point ?

Hope it helps.And when he gets to wanting to shoot either one you end up getting .Try a Appleseed shoot he'll learn alot that will make him safe and a deadeye shot.. Kids shoot for free....www.rwva.org

Good advice. I have the 15-22 and love it. It is set up and functions just like my AR, so it is good cheap training as well.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm fortunate to have a nice 10/22 and a dedicated .22lr AR-15 (not the M&P). I could easily recommend either but the 10/22 will be much cheaper to get into and is a really great gun, in fact is the kind of gun he'll be able to give his kids one of these days...

Latest posts

Top Bottom