10mm 1911 intermittent feeding issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
10 more shots and had the same malfunction on rounds 5 and 9 with the 22# spring in. I guess I'll try some of my 1200 fps handloads and see what happens. Maybe it just needs hot ammo.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just fired 10 reloads of 180 Hornady jhp over 8.5 grs of Longshot from the same mag as the other 2 test firings. No malfunctions of any kind. I guess the gun just likes the hotter stuff. I can't say that I'm a fan of the 12-15' ejection pattern in grass, but I can live with it. I'll just load them stout, I guess. I hope my Glock 40 will eat the weaker stuff I already have loaded.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn’t really sound like a “weak round” issue, or limp wristing, have you checked it with different mags?
Check there first, and inspect the radius at the chamber mouth.

The same issue has come up with different mags. From what I can tell, the bottom radius seems to be more of a straight up and down affair than a radius per se. It’s hard to tell in the picture, but it basically comes back in a straight tube. No bevel to speak of.
AB0629BA-34B0-483C-835C-A781162C2C1C.png

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, after setting the Kimber 10 aside for a while I decided to revisit it. Reread this thread and decided to look at the extractor again, as gunbuffer suggested. I watched this Wilson Combat YouTube video and tweaked the extractor just a smidge looser. So far, I’ve fired about 70 rounds of varying power levels, from multiple mags, with zero feed or ejection issues. Fingers crossed, but I think it’s cured. The next IDPA match will be the test I suppose. Thanks to all who gave input and especially gunbuffer.

https://youtu.be/UOSmJd7HaDY

Latest posts

Top Bottom