10mm long slide Glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I handled one at Village Tactical yesterday and it is a beast of a gun. I wish I had the cash for one, I would love to have it.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't had much time this weekend as I had to work, but I did get by USSA to pick it up. I was deceived by early reports, as the slide IS the same width as the G-20/21. It's a Gen 4 and my 21 is a Gen 3, so they don't interchange. Not sure if they would on a Gen 4 20/21 or not. It fits in my Don Hume 721OT holster with about 1.25" of the gun sticking out the bottom. It is a beast and definitely muzzle heavy when empty, but actually balances better than the 21 when loaded with ammo.

As this gun will subsist on a steady diet of 1200-1300fps 180-200gr loads, I'm actually appreciative of the extra slide weight. I picked up one box of 180gr 10mm Lite factory fodder just to chrono and test the gun. I have a pound of Hodgdon Longshot and a box of 180gr XTP's, plus about 600 pieces of brass ready to load. Just waiting on the dies to arrive this week. Hopefully I'll get to shoot it this coming weekend, but work has been a pain so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :D

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a box of Buffalo Bore at the store. I'd like to see them chrony'd.

If I ever get away from work to come shoot over there again, I'll stop by and buy it to test! LOL

Crappy teaser pic for the interim:

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_f79a9e4f_626f_4265_af32_cdb830f62d12_zps5quzu9kl.jpg

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Haven't had much time this weekend as I had to work, but I did get by USSA to pick it up. I was deceived by early reports, as the slide IS the same width as the G-20/21. It's a Gen 4 and my 21 is a Gen 3, so they don't interchange. Not sure if they would on a Gen 4 20/21 or not. It fits in my Don Hume 721OT holster with about 1.25" of the gun sticking out the bottom. It is a beast and definitely muzzle heavy when empty, but actually balances better than the 21 when loaded with ammo.

As this gun will subsist on a steady diet of 1200-1300fps 180-200gr loads, I'm actually appreciative of the extra slide weight. I picked up one box of 180gr 10mm Lite factory fodder just to chrono and test the gun. I have a pound of Hodgdon Longshot and a box of 180gr XTP's, plus about 600 pieces of brass ready to load. Just waiting on the dies to arrive this week. Hopefully I'll get to shoot it this coming weekend, but work has been a pain so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :D

So the G40 is not the same dimensions as the G41?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NOTICE!!!

For anyone getting a Trijicon RMR for their MOS Glock, you MUST order the following as well:

AC32064: Trijicon RMR® Mounting Kit - Fits Glock® MOS Models

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=AC32064

Fits G34 MOS, G35 MOS, G40 MOS, G41 MOS

This kit includes the sealing plate and proper screws needed to mount an RMR® on the Glock® MOS slide. See "When to use the RMR Sealing Plate" in FAQ. https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/support/faq_RMR.php

The AC32064 kit includes:

1 - RMR Sealing Plate
2 - RMR Screws (short)
1 - Hex Key

**Note: One must have this kit to mount an RMR on a MOS slide. RMRs ship with two long screws which will NOT work. You will need the two short screws in this kit.

It's not just the length, but the diameter of the screws is wrong also. You will need to use the sealing plate as well. Needless to say, I have an RM 06 RMR sitting on my desk and I'll be waiting another week for the kit to arrive. :(

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You ever get a chance to shoot this? I'm really interested in hearing your thoughts on it. Thanks!

Work has been an absolute drag lately. I'm up against some hard deadlines for the end of the fiscal year, so no fun time for me until the 25th of this month. :(

I'm also still waiting for the RMR mounting kit, which was alleged to be arriving at the retailer today. I figured my aging eyes would do better at getting an honest accuracy report with the RMR than irons. Once it's all set and I get to the range, I'll post an initial report with some factory ammo to settle in with, then load testing to find the recipe it likes, then a couple hundred rounds with the pet load.

Latest posts

Top Bottom