14 Mossberg 500 That ISN’T NFA!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I came to post just that. Guess Mossberg sold enough of em that it was hurting Remington enough to want/need to get in the game.

I doubt it was hurting Remington but it's definitely a no brainer to offer it to the public. What I find interesting is the split between the folks that enjoy hacking the NFA regulations and the folks that think you should just pay the tax.

I also think it's been demonstrated that these tools are more than just a novelty.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How can these be sold through FFLs if not legal in the state? Not like that would stand up in court. Just asking. I can't walk out of a shop with an SBR or SBS without a lot of paperwork after waiting. Do they know something we don't? or are they just winging it?

Last edited:

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So these were also illegal in Texas until they passed a handy bill yesterday.
Seems OK should follow suit.

Screenshot_20170601-080823.png

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My local gun store had several Mossberg 'Shockwave'(s) for sale recently and I was able to shoot one on their range. It is definitely fun to shoot and, with reduced recoil loads, not at all bad to handle [for an old guy like me]. Though it could be classed as a niche or novelty gun, I could see where it would excel as a HD weapon in close quarters (an apartment or RV) or as a truck or boat gun.
As MadDogs and several other posters have commented, a laser sight would [significantly] aid in aiming, though I would tend to be wary of the 'Center Mass' laser which doesn't seem to hold up to recoil well (according to the majority of user comments that I've read).
I wish our legislature would address the legality of this 'firearm', but I guess if wishes were horses, we would all own a herd!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know an Individual who just ordered one and purchased it through an FFL here in OKC. Sounds like they are good to go as far as what I was told.

They should be GTG. However, we Oklahomans don't exactly have that in writing in the legal sense. As I've said before in this thread, technically an LEO or DA can create a stink for the owner of one of these Shockwaves if he/she wants to. Will they? Probably not, buuuuut.....

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They should be GTG. However, we Oklahomans don't exactly have that in writing in the legal sense. As I've said before in this thread, technically an LEO or DA can create a stink for the owner of one of these Shockwaves if he/she wants to. Will they? Probably not, buuuuut.....
I agree with you completely. All it would take is for one LEO having a bad day and one DA with dreams of becoming the next State Attorney General via aggressive prosecutions, to ruin ones whole day. Unfortunately, this 'firearms' State legal status will not be address anytime soon because our politicians seldom vote based on need, but rather on personal career enhancement or by which way the political winds blow at the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom