14 Mossberg 500 That ISN’T NFA!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suspect that as firearms like the 'TAC-14' and 'Shockwave' proliferate, the likelihood that Oklahoma will enforce any state statutes against these weapons will decrease to the point of being a non-issue [hopefully].

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We definitely need a law like that here, whether or not the Shockwave is legal or not already! I'm afraid it won't happen though.
Not unless someone sends a copy of the Texas law to our legislature with the theme of 'bragging' how Texas got on over on 'em, or how Texas must be so much of a better place for gun owners, or how many gun enthusiasts they have alienated, etc.
Maybe shaming them enough will motivate them to act, with the interests of Oklahoma gun owners in mind.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A question for the FFL holders here: For the purposes of Line 16 of the form 4473, is the 590 Shockwave a handgun or a long gun?

I believe it would be neither. You should probably check "Other" which is basically for firearms that are neither handguns or long guns- such as PGO shotguns, frames, receivers, lowers)

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe it would be neither. You should probably check "Other" which is basically for firearms that are neither handguns or long guns- such as PGO shotguns, frames, receivers, lowers)
Recently NICS instituted a change restricting answers on the "type of transaction" question to these three: "Sale of handgun", "Sale of long gun", or "Private sale". "Other" is still on the form, but no longer accepted as a valid response by the NICS call centers. I'm thinking it would be considered a "handgun" as it is not intended to take a butt stock, but I'm not sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom